This is the development thread for my main project, trying to bring to Humankind some of the concepts we've discussed and were implemented in my civ6 overhaul project.
As for the civ6 project one of the goal is to provide a more credible background simulation that un-streamline some elements of the game while not adding micro-management.
True Culture Location and dynamic spawning
Historical territories unlock Culture choices, Independent People can spawn in those territories and evolve into a Major Empire after some time.
Spoiler Unlocking Territories are shown in Cyan ([F3] key to display) :
Spoiler 2 players start and Dynamic spawning from Independent People :
Combat using posture selection
Battles are (auto)resolved using posture selection as described by Boris Gudenuf in this thread.
An offensive or Defensive posture is selected at the start of a battle by each side, and the result is calculated using modifiers based on the respective starting postures and armies composition.
Spoiler Posture selection before battle :
Spoiler Battle results :
Technology cost modifiers, globally raised for each Era, and reduced for each techs known by Empires with active diplomatic relations.
Spoiler Here Bronze Working had already been researched by an Ally with a Research agreement :
Historical Districts: initial visual appearance of districts is kept over eras/capture unless destroyed
Spoiler Vera Cruz, Alternate contemporary Era :
- Limited City sprawl in earlier eras: district placement only adjacent to city center, hamlets or harbors until the steam engine
- Real population numbers: birth/death ratio, social stratification, migration, personnel for armies
- Resources: Stockpile in settlements, exchange over sea/road/rivers between territories, captured by units
- Equipment: created from resources in cities, exchanged/captured like resources, used to upgrade/heal units
- More RFC-like mechanisms related to Culture progression