1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Sarke

Sarke Chieftain

A few ideas on this -- Perhaps add an early age commerce and an early age science building. A Barter Post kinda thing that gives a small ammount of money with a longish build time and is replaced by either grocer or market. Same kinda thing with science. That would certainly help for 50 turns or so between them -- not enough to fully fill the gap but enough to help significantly without unbalancing the game.

2. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Hi Sarke,

Good idea. I had the same when i read the first posts about this problem. We are looking for some buildings, perhaps two or three. My own idea is a kind of "caravan trade" building (i wait for Houman for a good english name) that gives a few amount of money, a wooden palissade (as a pre requisite to walls) and a science building (no idea yet).

Mexico and me were also chating about the slaves/peasants revolts. Something really new is in discuss.

Hian the Frog

3. Sarke

Sarke Chieftain

Good thinking with the palisades - Perhaps give stone walls and castles their own technologies as well.. if the three (or four?) techs (the one that gives you wood, stone, (mort and baley/wooden castle?) and castle buildings) were "detached" from most of the tech tree they would be tough choices for research giving the player the option of having them with their benefits or opting for more advanced tech or being able to defend themselves easier. Not getting them would require you to almost need to put all your resources into units because they would be constantly defeated by the barbarian hordes.

4. chewbs

chewbs Chieftain

if anyone can help me out im getting the boot again right before gunpowder. my computer comes up with an error and I hate it. I have 2 gigs of performance ram, and a nvidea 7900. I reformated and im wondering if i need to do something different during the install?

HELP.

other than that i love the mod

5. Sarke

Sarke Chieftain

Thats really odd- have you made sure your using newest version of DirectX, newest graphics drivers etc. ?

-S

6. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

There is also a big differance between Noble and Warlords.

On Warlord level playing England (Earth map), early game is easier (just) to expand. Managed to settle a city in France.

Also Wonders are easier to build, early on.

Then the same thing happenned, as on Noble - first France and then Spain delare war. They send mixed stacks of 10 - 15 units (impressive - Blake).

But because of the easier start - I survive the attacks. I did not on Noble - they captured London.

However in my warlord game. It is now middle ages and Spain (I have captured the Spanish peninsulla - the cities it still has are built in Africa) has become a vassel of the Arabs. They are sending a huge stack of 16+ horse and 10+ catapult towards my European cities (3) , each with about 8 units.

I am in for a rough time now. :goodjob:

I am top in score but only 5th in power out of 23.

So to Houman - please keep at least one level below Noble, for the less experienced players. Despite the reported AI Civ problems, against barbarians - by the more experienced players. It still is a challenge to us newbies - mid game onwards.

Afterall, those complaining about AI problems on lower levels can always move up a level.

Those that can not play well on Noble - should be given the option of moving down at least one level.

P.S. After 500 turns only ONE - AI civ has fallen, and that was in America.

7. solops

solops Chieftain

What is the "Better AI Mod" and can it be downloaded separately?

8. doronron

doronron Chieftain

Here you go.

9. CMKMStephens

CMKMStephens Serious.

Does anyone have anything to help about the infinite loading cursor problem I mentioned?

10. K.F. Huszár

K.F. Huszár Chieftain

Hello dear Modders,

I found a mod called Civilization 4 - Total Realism 2.1 at civilization4.filefront.com/file/Total_Realism .
    But it seems it was put there in September 2006.
    Which one should I install to have the LATEST and BEST version of Total Realism?

11. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

12. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Chieftain

13. doronron

doronron Chieftain

Downloading from that link right now. What's your internet setup like? Which browser?

14. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

When you click on the downloader, check the top of your screen. You may see a message saying that the download has been blocked by your browser.

If so, click on the message and it should allow you to download.

I have fallen into this trap a couple of times. :)

15. Couq

Couq Chieftain

Finally this realism mod came, loved the realism mod for civ3 and just been waiting for one for civ4. So guess it is time to play again, but the mod would be better of with that patch you are planning, so not entirely sure if I want to play more before it is done, so what is the estimated time for that patch?

And keep up the lovely work guys, also for future civilization expansions, we always need a realism mod.

16. Vertico

Vertico Chieftain

Don't move your cursor on teraforming icons on tech screen. This cause a CTD

17. Vertico

Vertico Chieftain

I've noticed this too. Sometimes in some cities assasins don't work. I don't what exactly is the problem.

18. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Chieftain

Ok, then I've tried to play the same strategy on Prince with the same results: as Persia I'm clearly the leader (up to 400 points to 250 of the second), I have 12-13 cities well defended, I discover a new tech every 15 turns, no problems with money and with people happiness and I have a strong army ready to conquer every city I want, even if I have to be quite because of managemenet expenses. I've even built 2 wonders! Never happened in past games at easier levels, because I realize which is the best researching line. Usually I direct my research for useful purposes as agricolture, animal housbandry very early. This game I realize that, as ecomomy is the main problem in this scenario, it's better go to religious discipline and I researchead polytheism, only then animal housbandry, meditation and only then agricolture. In this way I built Parthenon and Temple of Artemis and I can build something useful in the cities (monastries and temples) while my workers can improve my territory only after they have built as many cottages as possible. When you have nothing to build you build chariots, your kamikaze units, ready to declare war and grab the city you need for your purpose. I think main problems is economy, but in this way it's possible to manage it and win the game. Important is only never switch to slavery and serfdom, barbarian units can pillage your cottages, villages and town and for you is game over. That's why AI can never compete, they switch to slavery as soon as they can, with the results we all know. Test this strategy and let me know! P.S. As soon as you get 7-8 cities and starting to have too low research set your governor to commerce production, it helps a lot! Bye!

19. Rylock

Rylock Chieftain

I'll test it out, but I'll say this first: if the only problem is that one must either follow the single most optimum research path or they're screwed, then that's not a game I'm very interested in playing.

20. von Tirpitz

von Tirpitz Chieftain

Is there a way to use it on my Macintosh? Sounds so great..