1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

"Secularism" is only stronger than "Free religion" if you don't have more than one religion in any of your cities. So most of the time, by the time it becomes available, it is actually weaker. Still, your opinion is noted.

"Labor union" is mostly about penalties. Penalties you recieve if you switch to it, and penalties you recieve if you don't switch to it. It's all about balance. Vanilla civ doesn't represent the vast labor movement of XIX-early XX in any way (American developers=not acnowledge such "commie" stuff? :)), so we had to simulate the proletarian unrest this way. We'll probably think of something better later on (after BtS?).

We're working on a completely new tech tree now. So it should be even better.

Writing shouldn't come before alphabet, because early writing wasn't alphabetic in nature. Take cunieform, or hieroglyphics, or knots on a string - all these early form of writing come before development of a true alphabet, i.e. a set of symbols representing phonetic signs.

Thanks for pointing out the bugs. :goodjob:

2. Walter Hawkwood

This one. The other one is about vanilla TR, which is no longer supported (but still available, should one want so).

3. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

One thing i really like in this mod is how after i conquer a city, the revolting peasants that spring up everywhere make up for the "stupid ai".

All in all, this is a great mod. I cant get any other game speed than "realistic". I love that each empire has unique units for each era. hopefully when BTS comes out, you guys will be one of the first to drop a mod.

One thing i notice is different, i dont know if its intended or not, is in Civ4:W, 2.08 it battle units auto-attack enemy fleets when automated. In your version it doesmt, which would be helpful for all those peasants.

I like the guru-slave concept. And nobody having a religion on turn 10, or being global supreme on turn 50 i like.

You guys did good tech tree balancing. I never considered the counterpoint on writing before alphabet, good call.

I would love to see TR once it has advanced starts!

Edit: Often, when i conquer a city, im not opted to raze it. good job on adding new fronts to an already in depth game.

4. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

Realistic speed aims for the title of mod ATM it has longer rearch and faster production whitch is best IMO. We aim for quality rather hurried release.

You the player are the one that plays, or PC ?

5. Vertico

Vertico Prince

I know that Dale's combat was included in TR for vanilla and caused a lot of problems. What about the part of MAD System? That sounds interesting to me. Were any problems conected to this part too? Any chance to add this in the next release?

6. Walter Hawkwood

Probably not to the next, but post-BtS, most likely.

7. thadian

What im saying is in Civ 4:W, when i hit "auto-move" button, the patrolling troops kill any barbarians roaming my borders - saves me from micromanagement.

I would like to see Advanced Start options...

I like the inquisitor ability to remove other religions. Ive seen sometimes where i found hindu and islam, stay hindu and i lose my islam holycity somehow. What causes the loss of a holycity?

One thing that makes me nervous is "Demolition troop". Just raze a city at will? Or the ninja-assasin is awesome, but can i detect if one is used against me?

I entered worldbuilder to find out.

i fortified a ninja, spy, assasin and demo troop in each of my cities, and gave 2 AI's: One at war, one who hates me but isnt at war some of these and saw my civ collapse. nothing indicated that i have the ability to defend against this, save the luck they might "fail attempt".

8. Anaztazioch

If a holycity religion is not a state religion for x turns, it looses its "holiness" and after x turns there is a chance that some other city with that religion will become a new holy city. It is made to dont found every religion and have every holyshrine giving u "unlimited" amount of money.

Assassins detect assassins and lower their chance of success if they are in same city. The more expirianced assassin the better he is.
    Will be completelly reworked - we plan to release it with next release, but if it will be buggy, unballanced, or not completed, will be saved for later releases.

9. thadian

Awesome, you rebalanced the game in my most hates area!! (Isabella the Buddahist, Christan, Muslim, Taoist)

If i may make a suggestion...

Make some scenarios. I know how to set some nice things up in worldbuilder, but i dont know how to code in events or anything. I can design a wicked map and set of circumstances though (not that you would want my scenario anyway!) Nobody likes scenario-flood but once in a while its fun.

I can not say how much more accomplished i feel i beat this on prince finally. i feel better than i did to beat warlords on monarch (where i currently struggle). I can agree some of the promotions...

Patriot War is cool for defenders.
    Some of the others though, you get them and its like "Ok, ill just choose 15% str and 10% city attack for all my promos forever until i cant anymore..."

I almost feel TR should be released with BTS since its better than FFH (not hatin). I would like to see more returning Call to power features. You have Terramorph, and Slaves, now all you need is sea colonies.

I almost feel there should be a road tile somewhere between railroad and road.

Keep it up guys. Im prob going to lose net soon, but i play more TR Civ than any other civ, so i will help in any way i can. PLX put in a few faster speeds! I love being able to do an MP game in 3 hours that sees the industrial age!

TR gives the depth of Civ 4, the limitless feel of Call to Power (would be nice to get sea colonies, genetic, and diamond age though).

Let me guess, youll have an alien race to ambush spaceships after they launch? Ill quit my ramblings. Splendid job!

10. Anaztazioch

They are time eating and boring to do. And noone in the team is you can say pro-scenario maker. Hian the Frog used to make some scenarios to FFH, but those wer only maps, no special events etc.
    Still you are free to make mods for our mod and scenarios to our mod. If you lack means to do it, make a request and pray someone will do it.

I dont think that seacolonies exist in real world, or if they do, they are not "cities" as i think you want them to be.

noted.

3 hourn to get to industrial age. You mean in 300 turns ? This mean you would have to be able to build pyramids in 7 turns and every turn one unit. This will take out conquest, as no mather how many usint you will make, defender will allways make em more and will not have to march them through whole empire. With faster speed, you will loose way to much of TR expiriance. Like there would be maybe 5 slave revolts in whole world history.

TR not Sci-Fi.

11. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

Can someone please tell me the name of the menue music please?

12. Anaztazioch

OpeningMenu.mp3 :D

13. CMKMStephens

CMKMStephens Serious.

One thing would be paved roads. But perhaps only for some civilisations? Roman Roads, Incan mountain higways, Persian Royal roads, can't think of anything else, unless you gave others something transport related in the future (which would defeat the purpose of something between roads and railroad) like Autobahn, Trans-Siberian railroad.

So perhaps a national wonder exclusive to some civs? That would mean you'd probably have to come up with some sort of exclusive buff for other civs as well.

14. cathar knight

cathar knight Chieftain

Music quite known, actually ;) . "Now we are free", the final song of that amazing soundtrack of Gladiator...
    BTW, to the TR team: big thanks and congratulations for this terrific mod (i never played vanilla games again) :goodjob:

15. Anaztazioch

There is a possibility to make unique improvements.
    Only certain wokrers can do that, so we can make something up.

16. jefmart1

jefmart1 Prince

I just want to say, AWESOME MOD!!!!!

The level of detail is amazing and very well thought out. Great job!

17. Anaztazioch

I think we should make official thank you threat ;)

18. Gecko1

Gecko1 Emperor

Ok that helps, but how do I get into the files? All I have is the button that allows you to download it.

19. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

20. Anaztazioch

We will... maybe