[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. tahnkout

tahnkout Warlord

I've Total Realism for Warlords Gold 2.1 and the Patch 2.1.1a, is there something I've missed?

2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

No, don't think so. Welcome back! I've made an accurate baltaci meanwhile, BTW. ;)

3. tahnkout

tahnkout Warlord

Wow I look forward to play, when will the new release finished?

4. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

You will have to wait longer than short time for it ;)

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Arbiter of the Sword

New release will be for Beyond the Sword if i'm not mistaken, and basically so different from the current version that it will seem to be an entirelly different mod(But in a good way). I can't wait for both BtS and the new release...:lol:

6. Walter Hawkwood

You are mistaken in the part that it will be for BtS. We're releasing a final version for Warlords first. It's just that for sheer amount of work to do, we're taking all the time we can get before BtS is out.

7. Conqueror Worm

Conqueror Worm Warlord

Looking forward to seeing the Sioux and Iroquois in North America, and hopefully no US civilization. I am American, but I always delete them as they are a new civilzation and don't seem to fit with the rest. I hope a Southeast Asian civilization is included as well.

Also looking forward to your new naval additions. Hope they include the Yamato, Bismark, and Hood, and any other realistic battleships modders come up with as well. Any navey could be able to build them perhaps. I want to build them all. Bismark should have speed, Yamato firepower, and Hood be available the earliest, fast but no armour. Just a thought. But sure hope you include them as they are all available.

Now, the biggest issue for me. Your mod is the best. But, though I have a 3200 processor and 2000 ram, I still get MAF by mid game when I play on the world map. I just love that map, but I am no technical expert concerning computers, so if there is a fix, I am sure I can't handle it anyway. So perhaps your mod is just too big for my computer and XP.

All I can wonder is, with BTS they are supposed to have fixed the MAF problem. Well, if that indeed turns out to be the case, will this help me at all if I am still playing your latest Warlords mod, or will I have to wait until your BTS mod comes out before the MAF fix will kick in?

As for now, I had to go back to standard unmodded Warlords in order to avoid the MAF I was getting with Total Realism. Oh well, as they say, it's always something. But then again, as they say, all things must pass, and if nothing else, perhaps 6 months from now when your BTS mod comes out I will finally really be able to play.

I just wonder, I have a relatively good machine and can't play your mod without MAF by mid game on your world map - can anyone else play all the way though without frequent MAF? How do the Total Realism fans deal with it? How do any large mod, huge or giant map fans deal with it? I bought this computer just for Civ a year and a half ago - tried to read up on what was working, and had the computer assembled with GeForce 7700 motherboard, Athlon GPU, lots of RAM, all because according to what I read these were supposed to work the best with this game. And they do work for the standard game. But what do all the Total Realism fans do? Do they not get this MAF, do they just continually reload and replay? Do they all work at the Pentagon and have access to next generation technology?

Anyway, still waiting for the great leap forward.

And please don't forget they Yamato, Bismark and Hood.

By the way, if you ever do decide to look for a new theme song, may I recommed Sink the Bismark by Johnny Horton. It's a classic!

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Its cool your making another warlords patch. When is the release date you think?

9. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Yeah !

How are you, lieutenant ? :lol: (I was only master sergeant....;) )

The mod is not yet released. In fact, we have added many many new things, like a new Baltaci or the Sultanahmet..... :p
    Among other add-ons: totaly new ship system, totaly new spy system (already not functionnal, there are some values we have difficulties to set), many new skins and more.

In fact, we can say that it will be probably among our greateast release. No more, no less. We hope to release it soon, before BtS.....

Hian the Frog.

10. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Hi Man,

It will not be a patch but a full new release. :yup:
    Too many things were changed. I know about them, i have added more than 50 new units or new skins !!!! :eek:
    I also add that Mexico and Houman changed some code to (try to ) make the game quicker, upgrade the spy system,.... Charly and Walter artworks were all added too, while Anaztazioch was (is still) testing the game.
    My apologies, but i have to repeat this, it will be not long as we want to release it BEFORE BtS...

Hian the Frog

11. PLTORR

PLTORR Chieftain

One small and annoying question; do you guys plan to change the English to the British and English flag to Union Jack in the next release?

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hopefully you guys will add the new city styles I found, that would be awesome.

13. Walter Hawkwood

I will be doing it exactly tomorrow. :)

14. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Actually we are divided in Team about this and have discussed it many times. I belong to the faction that thinks Americans should not be included in the Worldmap 4000 BC. It is just not realistic and against our fundamental idea of the mod. But then again Americans have also contributed so much in the 20th century. So some might miss USA in the game. And since most of you guys are maybe Americans you would be wining about it. :D

I think including more Native Americans would be more appropriate and American players shall play England instead and once for all accept the fact that they are English in heart. ;)

I used the play Theturkan Mod in Civ III. It was a huge community and also based on Realism. They had deleted USA and everyone was happy...maybe we shall vote on this in the community or provide two Maps....

Yes they will be included.

Hmm what is MAF? Sounds bad... :lol: Anyway I must say that Warlords engine was a big step forward compared to Vanilla. I hope BtS will be improving the speed.

Nonetheless we have already done some speed tuning for next version. But the makor part would be including one big chunk from Python into SDK. Hopefully I will succeed. :blush:

Anyways...the next release is the last major release for Warlords. After that Warlords will be resting in peace and Bts has awaken....If we are not boosting Firaxis's sales I dont know what we are doing. :goodjob: And they don't even really care about it...

Anyway after the next release the world would be a better one. Less people would abuse their power to mistreat people and there will be more rainbows and less rain in England. Damn rain...we are going under...seriously

15. PLTORR

PLTORR Chieftain

I agree with leaving the Americans out of the world map, too unrealistic. However, in the BtS version, a European player will be able to create them as a colony used by the AI.

16. Vitez

Vitez Chieftain

One thing - don't blame the mod. I was getting MAF errors even playing vanilla civ without any mods or when playing other mods.
    I noiced my MAF appears only during saving game (maual or auto) when savegames files size reaches beyond 1.5MB so it's around the time of inventing Paper. Why? Gamesave file size seems to depend on the area you have uncovered and Paper allows map trading.
    How to handle this problem? Once it appears I start saving manually each turn. Then when MAF appears I'm loosing only one turn (5 mins at most).

17. lordjadams

lordjadams Chieftain

@First Sentence,

Damn straight! We'll whine to the tune of "The Star-Spangled Banner"! :mischief:

@Second Sentence,

I'm not sure who that insults more, Americans or the English... :lol:

Seriously though, I'm all for removing America, as long as one of the New Leaders has Washington's Traits! As I really like that combination. :goodjob:

18. Kitt

Kitt Chieftain

if my opinion matters, i would say keep the americans, they have added much to the modern gameplay, which is my favourite era.

yes, the mod really slows down the game. i used to play regular CIV IV, and then warlords on the world map, and even up to modern era, the turns wouldnt take more than 1 min to load

now, im in modern era with TR, and it takes at least +5 min to load a new turn. i have also taken to saving manually every turn.

the more world you have uncovered, the longer it takes, and the laggier it gets
    the more civs on the world, the more time it takes to load a new turn, since the more CPs have to cycle through.

couple things im wondering though, as i progress through the game, a simple way of expansion is usually to capture barbarian cities. the computers dont usually do that though, they take a long time to turn to the barbarians, which results in a messed up, and divided world.

also, i usually play the only victory being conquest. the others are no fun :p
    anyways, i was wondering if there was a thing you could add to make the cities founded in locations, the actual names (at least for the CPs) managing a world-wide empire is very hard, and trying to remember where all your cities are gets tough
    well, off to take over europe :cool:

19. crismac

crismac Warlord

I think they should.I'm sure I am not the only one,but I would have shelved this game a long time ago if it wasn't for this mod.I never get tired of playing it.The update sounds great can't wait until it's out :goodjob:

20. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

I say we remove america from world map. They are getting owned by Aztec early one anyway, so both their early existance and early getting pwned are unrealistic ;)

Im thinking of a way to make Americas units allowed to other civs. But none of them are actually "relaistic" or will work good.