[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. nbafan99

nbafan99 Chieftain

I can't find it. Under which section will I find it.

2. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=185703

Its a bit old.
    Most thing you want to know are in our homepage, but some questions remain unansweared and we as a team cannot seem to remember to put them in FAQ, or simply, we are so "on time" and keen on the mod, its hard for us to make questions you - players would want to ask.

3. PLTORR

PLTORR Chieftain

Do you guys plan to get rid of the famines and slave/serf revolts due to the random events in BtS?

4. Kitt

Kitt Chieftain

Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

that is the message it gives me, and its 2054, not that it matters
    im not producing anything i havent many times before
    migs
    T-90s
    mech inf.
    wealth
    assortments of standard buildings

im not discovering any technologies next turn
    i dont know about any other civs on that one
    i DID check worldbuilder, and no other cities are building something significant, let alone finishing one
    most are actually building wealth or research

my savegames are aproaching 2mb tho
    its odd, cause i have a 2.8 ghz processor, but civ 4 is only using .5 ghz. and its really laggy

i thought it would be using more
    i dont have backround applications running, infact, i shut down non-essential processes

suggestions?

EDIT: if you want the savegame, i can send it

5. Anaztazioch

Unless we will see random encounters with our eyes - no

6. Anaztazioch

Send a savegame. It was more a complaintype of joke (we Poles are known for that...)
    2mb savegame... wow i get memory allocation errors when savegame file reaches 1.5mb.

7. Kitt

Kitt Chieftain

really?
    how do you ever finish a game on the worldmap then?

8. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who never finishes a game on the World Map. I believe my problems are associated with Windows Vista (D@#$ you, D@#$ YOU TO HELLLL!!!!!)

Ahem...

By the middle ages, I have to make sure I save often to ensure I don't lose any key moves or events, due to the MAF issue. I hear that MAF is finally fixed in BtS...I'll believe it when I see it with me own eyes!

Anyway, I don't have the time to wait for >1 min per turn, but by that point, it's a fait acompli as to whether I am going to win or lose, and I am comfortable just abandoning the game and starting over.

Besides, this way, I've gotten to play out the first 200 or so turns as almost every civ. I must have played 20 or so games so far for 200 turns or so...enough time to have possibly played 5 games all the way through perhaps???

9. Anaztazioch

@ Kitt

I finish game by culture victory, or by conquest (if culture is off). EArly conquest of Europe is key (IMO).

@ kwarriorpoet

MAF bug has been fixed even by "mod" i heared. Never seen it.

10. Harrier

Harrier Deity

My you have a short memory.;)

Memory allocation and MAF are the same thing. :)

11. Littlelisa

Littlelisa Warlord

Hey all, i was a fan of the ancient realism mod by jaynus

Just discovered this mod, and im impressed, great job :goodjob:

But what the hell is with Barbarians? they certanly stop you expanding and fighting other civs early without hard work, as they seem to send endless waves of axemen and hunters at you from all directions :aargh:

12. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

That's exactly as intended. Remember, IRL barbarians sacked Rome. :)

13. Kitt

Kitt Chieftain

@ Anaztazioch

yeah, im kinda having a hard time with that one right now i got myself into a proverbial pickle

im russia you see.
    i killed greeks like first thing
    then moved down into the middle east. they were @ war with china, and capitulated. since china was powerful, i moved my focus to persia. got what i wanted from them. attacked the mongols, but they asked china for assistance. attacked turks, but they also went to china.
    (killed scandanavians early)
    i took over england in like 2 turns
    so now i attack germans. war was going well... until china declared war

any guess what happened? they capitulated, and are now one of china's vassals. all other options exhausted, im preparing for a war with china. im gonna start eliminating his vassals, so when the time finally comes to move on to the chinese mainland, i dont have to watch my back as much.
    anyways, i want europe, but im surrounded by chinese vassals :(

it was when i was preparing for war with them that the game stopped working

@ kwarriorpoet

200 turns, my current game, ^that one^ is up around 750 turns
    the modern age is the best

14. lobosan

lobosan Warlord

I get memory allocation errors with the world map at ca. 1.6MB too (XP Pro, 2GB RAM, 2.3 MHz Core 2 Duo). Now, I will never be able to get past Renaissance and win that space victory I am dreaming off :(

Do you know if that problem is fixed with BtS?
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the error is related to some C/C++ streaming/compression limitation when writing the save file ...

Maybe a smaller world map will make it through to modern times. :D

BTW: Thank you for this, my favorite mod!

EDIT: Just, found the following post with MAF info and possible solutions. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205

15. CMKMStephens

CMKMStephens Serious.

I'm obviously too crap for this mod. No matter what I do I get overwhelmingly annihilated. I can't understand how the enemy always advances so fast. They have archers before I even get to see Archery, and likewise proceed to axemen and swordsmen. On top of that, they can simultaneously found cities twice as fast, and even if they only have a couple of them, produce hordes of troops. Usually I'm getting wasted around the research of alphabet/matematics/iron working And this is on like, Noble and Prince levels =/

16. Kitt

Kitt Chieftain

maybe you should try on cheiftan :p
    lol j/k
    easier level might do you good
    or just beeline (short one albeit :p) straight for archery
    then build tons of archers.
    a lot of ppl start playing, build lots of units and say, hey i didnt need those guys, nobody attacked me
    so they build virtually none, and get attacked first thing. the AIs will attack a weak civ, but not a really strong one (unless they are themselves)

i did notice that (if you're used to regular civ IV)
    the AI in warlords is a lot better.
    before warlords, i was having an easy time
    now i mean a really easy time, with prince
    now i pretty much lose if i play prince
    back to noble
    maybe bts will bump it down again?:(

advice in short: get archery, then archers OR try easier level

17. Vitez

Vitez Chieftain

Two things - Russia is not very good choice for conquering Europe (try Scandis, Germans, Spain). See what Antaztaztioch wrote - conquer _Europe_ in _early_ stages. While if you are talking about vassals that is not early stage and secondly you went for Persia, Mongols and Turks - that is not Europe... you should have gone west for Germans, England, France, Spain. Then you would have the "back-office" for repelling China, even before Vassalage is invented.
    Bunch of properly promoted Short Swordsmen/Swordsmen and you have them. Especially try to get Imperial Glory Doctrine and Theocracy/Classical Democracy civics, that combined with Barracks give you two promotions for a freshly built unit. Two Glorious promotions on a Swordsman and you have them, but waiting for Catapults and some stack aid promotions (archers,chariots - just cheap only to get promotions) can be also nice.

What Civ do you use? If Egypt - no wonder...
    Go for high culture boosts defence) and 4-6 Warriors in each city. Attack incoming barbs to get experience and boost city defence promotions. Then either go for Chariots or Archers (I prefer Chariots - defending in field and protecting my terrain improvements). Once I get a couple of experienced Chariots then I'm safe and stacks of barbs are easilly repelled untill building Great Wall 8) . Don't even need Bronze Working fo this - I go for culture/religion boost techs. All on Noble level.

18. CMKMStephens

CMKMStephens Serious.

Mali actually, I've had this scenario play out a few times. Typically Carthage expands to four cities, meaning to expand I have to take barbarians. This is always followed by a Zulu attack, which in turn is complimented by Arabs or Carthage attacking me too.

I also can't fake being a strong civ just by building lots of weak military units, I couldn't possibly afford 4 warriors a city, plus their build time means less expansion (which the enemy accomplishes anyway) and less improvement (which the enemy achieves too).

I've achieved more success with Germany, usually I hem Italy in rendering them unable to expand, and steal as much of France's resources as possible.

19. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Mali is one of the hardest civs on the world map for human player. Try Rome, or Greece, or China, or India (especially) as easier choices, just to get hang of how things are done. Neighboring other civs is often more preferable to neighboring barbarians - thus Europe is a good place to be, if a little overcrowded. In Europe, to be a first-rate civ, 3-4 cities are quite enough (at least until medieval age).

20. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

Played kublai khan, who has the creative trait, and my new cities do not get the automatic culture(also had no horses within a million miles, gotta tell ya, playing mongels without horses is like driving a car without an engine), am pretty sure this is not a design feature. Probably does not matter with update coming out, thought I would let you know.