[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

just tried catherine and got the same result. has something been changed or is this a bug?

just tried catherine and got the same result. has something been changed or is this a bug?

Creative trait has been changed. It doesn't give +2:culture:, but +25%:culture: IIRC. Less powerful in the beginning, more powerful later (when those 2:culture: don't really matter). From 8:culture: on (and most cities have that by classical age), new trait is more powerful than the old one.

I found the %25 culture bonus instead of automatic 2. I am not sure if this is a nerf. Seems like the great thing about creative was skipping those damn monuments, but I will give it a try.

I see you beat me to the punch. you guys must have your pagers hooked up to the site dinging you whenever a new post is added. thanks for the help, and I will try to be more observant.

I've been away from Civ4 for a while.
So you can imagine how great I think this mod is.

Anyway, I have a question...
Is there anyway to incorporate the 3 sqare radius city modcomp into this?
As I understand it, you replace the existing CvGameCoreDLL.dll with the radius one. But replacing that obviously causes this mod to crash.

can anybody help me please??

Also wondering why seafarer does not get %50 for lighthouses. I seems like such a bad trait for most maps that this would be necessary to make it competetive. Sorry if I am going over old ground, do not get much of chance to play or read the boards.

"Creative trait has been changed. It doesn't give +2, but +25% IIRC. Less powerful in the beginning, more powerful later (when those 2 don't really matter). From 8 on (and most cities have that by classical age), new trait is more powerful than the old one."

I always thought that creative should have nominal cultural output doubled each time city grew, with base at one, not sure if that would overpower or even be passible, not much with modding or the analysis, leave that to the guys with the giant pulsating brains.

I found the %25 culture bonus instead of automatic 2. I am not sure if this is a nerf. Seems like the great thing about creative was skipping those damn monuments, but I will give it a try.

I see you beat me to the punch. you guys must have your pagers hooked up to the site dinging you whenever a new post is added. thanks for the help, and I will try to be more observant.

With tech spread giving "free" culture in addition to research bonus, one is still able to rake up culture without building anything culture-producing, after researching Writing and gaining the afforementioned bonus via Open Borders. And yes, culture bonus is no longer "automatic" - just as with many other traits (like Financial, for example), gaining benefits from it requires some effort - but they're greater.

Hi...

I just got Civ4 and Warlords on Steam and have never installed a mod for it. Apparently I'm doing something wrong, because after I install the mod and the patch, I get an Application Error "Failed to find Steam" when I double click either shortcut.

Any help?

Didn't see any advice in the read me or FAQ, nor did a forum search help.

Hi...

I just got Civ4 and Warlords on Steam and have never installed a mod for it. Apparently I'm doing something wrong, because after I install the mod and the patch, I get an Application Error "Failed to find Steam" when I double click either shortcut.

Any help?

Didn't see any advice in the read me or FAQ, nor did a forum search help.

You aren't doing anything wrong, unfortunately. It is just that our installer doesn't work on Steam versions - as none of us has a Steam version, we just don't know the right registry keys (obviously different from disc version) for the installer to read. Sorry. Probably we'll release next version (coming in about two weeks) both as self-unpacking installer and as a simple archive for manual installs. :(

Well it looks like it installed in the right place, just doesn't wanna function properly.

I look forward to a new version for us Steamers :)

@ hellfish6

1) you must have steam running to lauch any mod of games under steam.
2) Try launching the game than in options/advanced find mod selection and load TR. Than its just to use our worldmap as scenarion and it should be fine.

If you can provide us with registration keys, we can make installers work with steam.
(PS, Civ4 is laucnhed by civ4.exe or by steam.exe -applaunch 7100 or something ?)

For the BtS version, do you guys plan to create earlier corporations such as the East India Trading Company when you research, say, Banking?

Pltorr thats a good idea but earlier corporations acted on behalf of their nations or were an extention of them methinks though I could be wrong, anyway Total Realism Team, I have made a titanic discovery! Hopefully you can add all or some of these units:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5660972&postcount=1

Into the next pre BtS release. They are a ton of excellient Mesoamerican units!

Pltorr thats a good idea but earlier corporations acted on behalf of their nations or were an extention of them methinks though I could be wrong, anyway Total Realism Team, I have made a titanic discovery! Hopefully you can add all or some of these units:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5660972&postcount=1

Into the next pre BtS release. They are a ton of excellient Mesoamerican units!

Noted already. :D

Also, East Indian Company is actually a good idea to represent by corporations - although it will be a really unique one, providing massive benefits for home nation and only marginal ones for host nations ("exploiting" them, basically).

It might make sense to make the East India Company only applicable to coporation spreading in the Indian, Chinese, Khmer, Korean and Japanese civilizations. Meanwhile, the West India Company could only be spread in the American civilizations, such as the Incans, Mayans, Aztecs and Native Americans. Both companies could also be used in African civs.

@ hellfish6

1) you must have steam running to lauch any mod of games under steam.
2) Try launching the game than in options/advanced find mod selection and load TR. Than its just to use our worldmap as scenarion and it should be fine.

If you can provide us with registration keys, we can make installers work with steam.
(PS, Civ4 is laucnhed by civ4.exe or by steam.exe -applaunch 7100 or something ?)

That worked, thanks.

Now my only problem is that when I play the scenario, the game ends for me immediately, like someone killed my settler before I could even start. I've tried it with Mali, Spain and France and each time I die as soon as the game starts. :confused:

But... But.... What if the Chinese start to the west of you? :mischief:

Most likely, it will be just called "Monopoly Trading Company". Still, "East India Company" sounds very recognizable - we might as well keep it. And it sounds good even if it is built in India proper. :)

I was thinking of that as a corp that can only be spread to (and exist in) civs that didn't yet hit Renaissance tech era - for great monetary profits of the owning civ, and some bonus to recipient civ - say, ability to build gunpowder units "Musket mercenary" and "Mercenary cannon" - as was the case with Asia in XVI-XVIII centuries. Later in the game, it will "die out" as all the civs reach Renaissance, sooner or later.

That worked, thanks.

Now my only problem is that when I play the scenario, the game ends for me immediately, like someone killed my settler before I could even start. I've tried it with Mali, Spain and France and each time I die as soon as the game starts. :confused:

bind "f11" "quick_reply/ Do not Install mercenaries component":cool:

Really, mercenaries component is bugy and is removed in next release. The "settler and warriors defeated at begining of game" issue was found after release.

Top Bottom