[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

So two weeks until the next warlords release? I cant wait! :)

2. Bakuel

Bakuel King

I just enjoy random games and a West East India company that only worked with some civs and a East India Company that only worked with others would look rather weird, having two companies just sounds rather tedious. Don’t forget the people who enjoy a random map game every once in a while. :)

Just to put something out there and not spam anymore… I think the mercenary units for the corporation’s recipient is cool, but I think that recipient of this corporation should have some massive drawbacks as well, maybe losing science points or -25% science in every city it’s in or something. I’m saying that because I think the British Trading Company in India strongly discouraged industrialization to keep them dependent on British goods. (And the British government discouraged it even more after it took over the companies duties after the Indian Rebellion of 1857)

3. PLTORR

PLTORR Chieftain

Sounds awesome, wish I had thought of that.:rolleyes:

4. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

My last game crashed as soon as I discovered Railroad. No way to continue the game. There is a way to avoid crashes?

5. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

Try playing as Persia (the easiest) or Rome. With Persia go directly to Archery, build immortals and conquer Arabia, Egypt and then India with your new Immortals, then Babylon, Assiria and Samarkand. You play with 10 cities before 1000 BC and then do what you want :)
    As Rome go to Bronze Working, build politbian legionaries and conquer Greece and then France, Spain and Germany and enjoy the game :)

6. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

Try playing as Persia (the easiest) or Rome. With Persia go directly to Archery, build immortals and conquer Arabia, Egypt and then India with your new Immortals, then Babylon, Assiria and Samarkand. You play with 10 cities before 1000 BC and then do what you want :)
    As Rome go to Bronze Working, build politbian legionaries and conquer Greece and then France, Spain and Germany and enjoy the game :)

7. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Yes. When the tech window pops up, don't hover your mouse at it - just close it as soon as possible (or disable tech popups before discovering railroad).

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I find the early game to be a race to get Currency, as its impossible to found cities without it,(at least more than three and thats pushing it). Any chance you guys will put wealth as a general option rather than requiring currency for it, so its no longer a race to get currency anymore?

9. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

It's true that currency is one of the most important technologies in the game, but when I get it I usually have at least 15-20 cities :)
    If you have problem with money set manually your cities to commerce, you will be surprised how much trade they can produce this way.

10. hellfish6

hellfish6 Chieftain

Uh.. stupid question. How do you bind F11? I know there was something about not installing mercs during the actual install... do I have to reinstall the mod?

11. kingkasai

kingkasai Art for Sciences Sake

I've been having a problem when trying to start a game, all my units automatically die in game start and so far I have no idea whats causing it. But I have Vista, which is reason enough to screw up any program...

12. Vitez

Vitez Chieftain

Couple of Caravan houses, couple of cotttages, cities connected with roads, couple of open borders, Great Lighthouse/Temple of Artemis/Colossus. Add to this gold from goodie huts and conquests. Add to this Holy City shrine created by great Prophet and spread your religion as much as you can (open borders again). This allows to last long time till Currency is really needed. Abd once I get Currency I also try to get Construction to build Castles (next trade routes).

13. crismac

crismac Warlord

This happens to me quite often.I haven't tried what Walter Hawkwood said,but if it does crash I just reload the game.I might need to reload it 3 times,but after the third time it always works for me and I continue on.

14. hellfish6

hellfish6 Chieftain

I'm having the same problem. See my last couple of posts... waiting to hear how to fix it. :) It has something to do with we turned on the mercenary option.

15. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Do not install mercenary component. It is known to cause this.

16. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

@ hellfish and all with "sttler dying problem at game start"

In order to make game playable you need to reinstall the mod and not forget to dont install mercenaries. Simple "overwrite" install may be dangerous, so i recoment to uninstall/delete TR before reinstalling.

17. chewbs

chewbs Chieftain

HEY GANG,

I haven't been around for a while, but I started playing civ again... lol now that I have time.. and I am getting that error about the memory later in the game. I asked around to a couple people I know and they have no clue, so I am wondering if anybody else has had this and if there is something I should do on my end to fix it.

I am running a 7900 overclocked 512 card, and I have 2 gigs of performance ram..

If anybody has had this and can help, please let me know... and this is by far the best mod for the game.. My friends love the new units and new games ideas..

Thanx in Advance

Curt

18. CrazyAce

CrazyAce Prince

Now from what I have experienced is, if you don't acquire Slavery early in the game, it will be a race to expand an empire. Great empires are built on the backs of slave labor.

It would make sense to include trade routes or something that increases wealth with other cities and nations with slave trading being an early tech..?

19. hellfish6

hellfish6 Chieftain

Reinstalled without the mercs and all works well. Great job, TR team!

20. Harrier

Harrier Deity

If you are refering to the MAF problem. For this version - reduce your graphics settings from high to low. That will not stop it, but delay it for a lot more turns.

If that does not work - increase your Virtual Memory size. Make it a fixed size, not computer selected size.

If you do not know how to do that - it is best not to try. It may cause more problems, if you do it incorrectly.

The other and newest approach, is to wait for BTS and then TRs. first BTS release. It has been reported that BTS has fixed most MAF problems.