[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

HEY GANG,

I haven't been around for a while, but I started playing civ again... lol now that I have time.. and I am getting that error about the memory later in the game. I asked around to a couple people I know and they have no clue, so I am wondering if anybody else has had this and if there is something I should do on my end to fix it.

I am running a 7900 overclocked 512 card, and I have 2 gigs of performance ram..

If anybody has had this and can help, please let me know... and this is by far the best mod for the game.. My friends love the new units and new games ideas..

Thanx in Advance

Curt

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205

It's not about our mod, it's about the game engine itself. See if this thread helps you.

After a while of playing say 2 or more hours; after 136 turns, the game starts to go black as if the textures are missing from the meshes. I notice that the Ice will go to a dark flat gray color, shadows will start to get heavy and dark and just consume certain unit meshes.

I'm wondering if its my graphics card driver or something wrong with the mod... I got a GTX8800 768mb super clock, but I don't see it happening in default game...

After a while of playing say 2 or more hours; after 136 turns, the game starts to go black as if the textures are missing from the meshes. I notice that the Ice will go to a dark flat gray color, shadows will start to get heavy and dark and just consume certain unit meshes.

I'm wondering if its my graphics card driver or something wrong with the mod... I got a GTX8800 768mb super clock, but I don't see it happening in default game...

I also have this problem.I have GTS8800 320mb card.It's not your card.A quick fix is hit your start key to exit the game,then click on the game,and the black will disappear for another 200 turns more or less.I do not know of a permanent fix for this sorry :(

Anyone played?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=207724

Good benchmark for some new good ideas. I personally mostly liked:

• military civics (example mobilization - producing units with food or I forgot which one it was - more experience points gained within own borders)

• technologies (some of them are really good and implementable to TR)

• units (especially mechanized infantry - land transport unit, who can either transport normal infantry or fight itself) Good solution to air units with its own promotions, making longer range or higher damage.

not very oryginal post, I suppose... ;)
but I can't find FAQ for W:TR Gold, really, I spent a hour looking...
including this site: http://www.civ4.houmie.com/

few day ago I dicovered fact that TR for Warlords exists! :eek:

I was playing a lot in TR without Warlords (and without MP option, too), so I start to download current, incredible version immediately!! (plus patch 2.1.1a)
installation run without problems, I arranged myself 2 days of free time to spend playing, starting game and... being defeated.
just like that, even before able to made my first turn :confused:
I told myself: "do not panic, take deep braeth, relax and try again"
I made it next 5 times - the same result every time, many world/nation/options combination :(

I want to play this mod! I love it before and I am sure I will love this version, but... how??!!??!!
what should I do to fix it?

"Please, help me, Experienced-One, You are my only hope..."

not very oryginal post, I suppose... ;)
but I can't find FAQ for W:TR Gold, really, I spent a hour looking...
including this site: http://www.civ4.houmie.com/

few day ago I dicovered fact that TR for Warlords exists! :eek:

I was playing a lot in TR without Warlords (and without MP option, too), so I start to download current, incredible version immediately!! (plus patch 2.1.1a)
installation run without problems, I arranged myself 2 days of free time to spend playing, starting game and... being defeated.
just like that, even before able to made my first turn :confused:
I told myself: "do not panic, take deep braeth, relax and try again"
I made it next 5 times - the same result every time, many world/nation/options combination :(

I want to play this mod! I love it before and I am sure I will love this version, but... how??!!??!!
what should I do to fix it?

"Please, help me, Experienced-One, You are my only hope..."

Hi Man,

We are re-building our site at that time..... That's why it is not really functionnal. ;)

Your problem MAY be simple. As many players you msut have installed the mod with the Mercenary Component. Error....this one is bugged and will be removed from the next version.:(
So, reinstall all. Civ4, Warlords, Patch 2.08 then the Mod BUT WITHOUT the Mercenary component. Don't forget the small patch too....
It should run properly. If not, ask us again. :)

Note: You like this version....Nice. The next one will be ever more great. :p

Hian the frog.

Do not install the Mercanaries mod component.

Why they did not post this fact on the first post of this thread months ago - escapes me. It is the most singular complaint of this mod.

It will be fixed (removed) in the next release. When that occurs.

So is the next Warlords version almost ready? Btw a new cityset is ready, it can be used for India. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=231388

Hi Man,

Yeap, it's close to be ready. The greatest and most difficult part was done. It's under heavy testing and tuning. :p The new version runs at that time on my PC ( don't be jealous ;) ). We have to correct minors bugs, add a few missing codes, units, and other stuffs....
All the Team members are very busy with their part of job. Again, i ask you to be patient: it's close to be on yours....

Hian the Frog.

Your problem MAY be simple. As many players you msut have installed the mod with the Mercenary Component. Error....this one is bugged and will be removed from the next version.:(
So, reinstall all. Civ4, Warlords, Patch 2.08 then the Mod BUT WITHOUT the Mercenary component. Don't forget the small patch too....

Thank you very much for you quick response, Hian.
I will follow your advice.
but have I really to reinstall all ot this?!
it seems to be terrible task... :nuke:

Hian the Frog said:
You like this version....Nice. The next one will be ever more great.
sounds interesting :banana: what exactly you mean: next one?
the nevest verison of W:TR or maybe something like BTS:TR?!
(is it possible, that you guys had an access to the new expansion source code even before it was released?!)

Thank you very much for you quick response, Hian.
I will follow your advice.
but have I really to reinstall all ot this?!
it seems to be terrible task... :nuke:

sounds interesting :banana: what exactly you mean: next one?
the nevest verison of W:TR or maybe something like BTS:TR?!
(is it possible, that you guys had an access to the new expansion source code even before it was released?!)

next one is W:TR (2.2)
and no, we don't have access to BtS code :(
so BtS:TR took some time to prepare after release

Anyone played?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=207724

Good benchmark for some new good ideas. I personally mostly liked:

• military civics (example mobilization - producing units with food or I forgot which one it was - more experience points gained within own borders)

• technologies (some of them are really good and implementable to TR)

• units (especially mechanized infantry - land transport unit, who can either transport normal infantry or fight itself) Good solution to air units with its own promotions, making longer range or higher damage.

Civics: they are very specifically geared towards WWII. Still, you can expect to encounter some lower-grade military units produced with food in the new TR.

Technologies: our new version is getting a brand new sparkling tech tree, completely reworked from vanilla for the first time in the history of the mod.

Units: but TR does have such units as mech. inf. (and IFV) for several versions already.

My God...between, TR, TAM, and FFH...where will I have the time for BtS?

Top Bottom