[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Seems unnessary to me but interesting nevertheless. Did you even do that with Bakuel's mesoamerican units and other recently(relatively) released flavor stuff? Must have been part of the total real thing. Not every guy in a formation is going to look the same.

This is, as you can imagine, a hell of a lot of work to do, but I'm trying to eventually cover all pre-gunpowder units (until the widespread use of uniform). I put special emphasis on units with shields - as there was almost no army in history (probably excluding later Rome and China) that released uniform shields for its soldiers. Not every single unit is finished yet - as I said, probably a half or so, but, as a rule of thumb, expect all shield-bearing troops (including cavalry), and a few others, to be diversified. I also try to improve the overall realism and quality of textures used along the way - so quite a few units will look almost completely different from the previous version.

I could perfectly give you some teasers, if you want. Are you sure you're not going to overheat or anything? :D

Well, how's that for starters: a completely new tech tree, with 188 techs, give or take two. Basically, a necessity to accomodate all the new stuff. Here's a sample shot of schematic depicting Medieval era, the shortest one except for ancient. Enjoy.

awesome!!!

Hi Harrier,

How heavy is the Stone ? Mmmmm. Like the US foreign trade debt ? ;) Or like the dogma of (nearly) all religions ?
Be sure, it's heavy. ;)
Everytime after a release, they are some minor bugs to fix. And we want to fix them before BtS....

Hian the Frog

*Wind*

There goes that stone ya put there....:p :mischief:

Is the concept of religion founding going to be the same in the new TR version as in previous ones? I mean I don't like the idea of founding a religion by researching a technology. It would be much more realistic to found it by using a great prophet after a certain technology is researched. That's how the religions were founded anyway - by great prophets. What do you think?

*Wind*

There goes that stone ya put there....:p :mischief:

Grishnash,

You are right ! This f*** stone ..... ;) :trouble:

In fact, my part of job is finished: new tech tree, adding units, adding skins,.... and most of the XML job. :cool:
At that time we are wasting time to make to mod compatible with both 2.08 and 2.13 patches. :wallbash: Mexico and Houman are adding a few SDK components. I try to hunt the various small bugs, as Anaztazioch also do. Ankhenaton is recording some mp3 for the new quotes. :p

I hope, i really hope that we can release it soon. I'm fed up with this release. :sad: I want to have feedbacks and comments/suggestions while making it BtS compatible.

To not lie, i was surprised about the delivery of BtS. Most of the time in France we must wait one week or two after the US release. That time, we had it on the 20th..... :confused:

Now, i will look deeper into BtS, as i only bought it but not yet test it.

I'm very sorry. Really. :dunno:

Hian the frog

While playing with Windows Vista langames/direct Ip connection games I'm getting problems conserning loss of coulors and unit flags! Anyone having same problems???

Is the concept of religion founding going to be the same in the new TR version as in previous ones? I mean I don't like the idea of founding a religion by researching a technology. It would be much more realistic to found it by using a great prophet after a certain technology is researched. That's how the religions were founded anyway - by great prophets. What do you think?

Come on, we can't do everything at once! :)
The way you describe is, of course, more realistic, but we can't hope to implement everything for this particular release.

Come on, we can't do everything at once! :)
The way you describe is, of course, more realistic, but we can't hope to implement everything for this particular release.

I just thought that if you went as far as recreating the whole technology structure and units, the great prophet use for religion founding would not be a big deal. A cosmetic polish rather. But I might've been wrong.

I just thought that if you went as far as recreating the whole technology structure and units, the great prophet use for religion founding would not be a big deal. A cosmetic polish rather. But I might've been wrong.

Unfortunately, you are. In this particular instance, most of the tech tree was done by two persons (plus one to make audio files for the quotes), but none of them (or, should I say, us - as I'm included in this number) knows anything about modding python and SDK. Different kind of job, and we have only one person for this particular kind. Sorry.

Today's teaser will be a little special.

We've overhauled the naval system a long way, but instead of giving you screenshots or dull figures, I hereby give you a presentation video made by our unit (and building) modeller Andreas on the all-new line of WWI vessels, which, along with many other ships and ship classes, will be included in the mod. Here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9FgEAZEsQ

We've overhauled the naval system a long way, but instead of giving you screenshots or dull figures, I hereby give you a presentation video made by our unit (and building) modeller Andreas on the all-new line of WWI vessels, which, along with many other ships and ship classes, will be included in the mod. Here we go...

I think I need a fresh set of britches...

I want to play! I want to play! I don't need version compatible eith new patch as I don't have it installed. want to play! :cry:

oh.. I forgot.. the 3 animations (ships, buildings and the walk through the colosseum) were made for a Demo-DVD, using Dolby 5.1 sound and not such a poor quality as on youtube.

MIND BLOWING!!! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Guys,

we are still looking for a Team member that is dedicated for doing one thing - Taking screenshots of every single unit, building and promotions etc.

Thats would a great help,
Regards
Houman

Top Bottom