[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Not yet. The upcoming version will.

2. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

I have mentioned this before, but rather in another context. I have managed in keeping all my Warlords mods working after batching to 2.13 by keeping the older (2.08) exe file around. I just added a "B" to its name so now I have two executable files for warlords. One I can use to play regular games (though I actually don't), the other I use to play any mod.

It seems that a long time will pass before all mods will be updated to work with 2.13. TR is promised to work with both versions but still there is a lot of time to wait. I am a kind of person who doesn't like things not to work I can't be patient enough to wait either. So the solution is out there for anyone who would like his mods to be working. (Those who don't have a back-up of the older exe would need to reinstall the patch or reinstall warlords and patch it to 2.08, back the exe then patch it to 2.13). Sounds complicated but it is rather easier than it sounds.

3. kalkas

kalkas Chieftain

Thanks for the tip! I will try it now.

4. PLTORR

PLTORR Chieftain

Has the team decided to improve siege weapons for the BtS release, such as cannons, ships, and airplanes destroying buildings or damaging units?

5. rabber

rabber Chieftain

Will the new version of TR work with saved games from the current TR? What about when I patch Warlords to 2.13?

6. Walter Hawkwood

No. It will be a full new version. Still, you might have some time on your hands to finish the game you're playing till we release it.

7. Walter Hawkwood

We haven't gotten to BtS yet. Not before we release the last Warlords version.

8. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

@ rabber

Saves will not work with next release. Besides, by reading changelog, you will rather start a new game than play savegame, even if it were compatibile.
    Saves from 2.2 on 2.08 will not work with 2.2 on 2.1.3

@ PLTORR

If you are talking about ranged combat/bombardment - Not yet.

9. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Arbiter of the Sword

I can't wait for this new release. Squash those bugs! Lol

10. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Hi Man,

It's getting better but not yet functionnal as it should (must) be in our mind. :mad:
    Anaztazioch and Vitez are still doing heavy tests, while Walter and me are correcting and updating some XML sheets and art files. The rest of the Team is either working on some codes, sounds or new features.

You can be sure, really sure, that the day we will release it i will open (and drink) a champagne bottle. :lol: This release is probably the biggest we ever made with a lot of new stuff: units, buildings, spy system, naval system, tech tree, industrial system,.....

It will work !!! :whipped:

Hian the Frog

11. Cruel

Cruel King

I can't wait for this new release too! I look EVERY DAY if the new version is avaliable! Very Good Job!

12. Anaztazioch

I sometimes even want to kill you guys with a changelog, but we need players, not corpses :D

13. Anaztazioch

Another feature just hit the production line :p

14. PLTORR

PLTORR Chieftain

I apologize if this has been discussed already, but have you guys considered utilizing the Random Events option to create Historical Events? For example, creating beneficial Historical Events to help the lesser off civs like the Netherlands and Portugual who have trouble expanding.

15. Sword_Of_Geddon

Quiet...they might hear you and delay the release further!

16. Walter Hawkwood

Quite tempting, but would make very little sense on random maps. So probably not.

17. Sword_Of_Geddon

Pleassssssse stop adding new features....please squash bugs pleassse releassse soon...

18. Anaztazioch

It aint gonna happen.
    We have our "main" features, that must be in release
    and we have "lesser" features, whitch if not finishes will not be included, so will not cease release.

As for release, this weekend if we are REALLY lucky. We havent made our "release date" so its hard to say, but in August for sure (so that you can play game and have something to tell once you go to school :p )

19. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Hi Man,

Don't worry about the new features. I have only change a few art files made by Walter. It's not that stuff that take our time. Only 30 to 60 min, with tests.

The problem is still with this bug.:deadhorse: To not lie, we can release the mod....but we won't. The bug is a balance bug that deals with AI. Do you really want a not balanced mod ? A mod where the game would crash on the weakest PC ? A game where you have to wait for more than 5 minutes between turns ? I suppose no. ;) As soon as this bug will be deeply buried, we will be ready.
    In our Team, one of our motto is to have a balanced mod. Isn't it named total realism ?

Mexico is on it. As i know Mexico, the bug's life is becoming shorter day after day....:trouble: One of them is too much in the mod....and it's not Mexico ! ;)

Be patient. Imagine.....it makes weeks that we work on this. We will be very pleased to have comments about what we had done.

Hian the Frog

20. Dewion

Dewion Chieftain

Hi everyone, i must say, you guys have done a massive work with this mod. Total Realism is the best mod for warlords, and "soon" probly the best mod for BTS... :p

I just love very huge real worldmap. I wish it could be even more accurate, particularly for smaller countries, but that would require huge amounts of "horsepower" and my computer couldn't manage it. It is so unfair, more room is always better. Maybe BTS could work more smoothly with very huge maps...

But thanks again for the whole TR Team, without you, i couldn't enjoy this game so much... :)

Btw, have any of you guys played BTS mod with has extended tech tree? You should have a look, i would love to see those techs in Total Realism, but you probly won't add them because those are future techs with clones and robots and shields... Far away from realism... Or maybe you could... :p