Mod will not comply

42VA

Chieftain
I appreciate you're probably sick of hearing this, but I cannot get the mod to load
If anything does load, it's the default BtS screen, from which I have the option of playing a standard BtS game (i.e. like I would w/o a mod loaded)
No scenarios, no mod. Zilch
Help please?

I have downloaded the latest patch (1.20), have BtS on the most up-to-date patch version; I'm running on Windows Vista
I've installed the full install to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods; the "Sounds" folder to C:\Users\<insert my name here>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\sounds; the scenarios are both inside the full mod folder and in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods, and I have merged the patch files into the scenarios folders

Have attached errors I get when trying to run main mod; any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Error 1.jpg
    Error 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Error 2.jpg
    Error 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Error 3.jpg
    Error 3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 99
  • Error 4.jpg
    Error 4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 79
Have you down;oaded just the patch, or the full mod as well? Because you need the full mod before you patch.

There is no "Star Trek" folder in that folder; these are all the errors I get before Civ IV crashes (there may be others)
I did download and insert the full mod before I applied the patch

OK, so I now try running the mod from the shortcut in the "Star Trek" folder. I get the following errors before it crashes:
All Missionary units suffer the same error as displayed above
Then Settler and Warrior units suffer the same error
And finally the four errors shown above occur
*crash*

Done; hope this could be something simple like a bad download (though it would be a pain to have to do that again)

Attachments

• BtS Mod Folder.jpg
    BtS Mod Folder.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 93
  • BtS-Star Trek Mod Folder.jpg
    BtS-Star Trek Mod Folder.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 88
OK, I re-copy-and-paste all files into the folders named in the relevant Readme's
I get the exact same 4 errors; the folders look exactly the same (do all folders beginning "ST" belong in the "Star Trek" folder? Doesn't make any difference if I try that, but thought I'd ask)

Re-extracted the original mod; everything works fine now
OK maybe I did fail to do something right (like miss out two essential files. Funny what a difference 8KB can make...)
Thank you people

Top Bottom