Mod will not install

Green Giant

Chieftain
When I run the FFH2 installer that I downloaded it gives me a message that I need to install version 3.17. I have 3.17! I have the steam version and steam keeps everything updated. I even checked in the About menu in-game and it said BtS is version 3.17.

What am I doing wrong?

I registered to ask about this exact same problem. I bought Beyond the Sword (it's stand alone), downloaded the .41 executable, and when I run it I get the error message. I've looked around for a solution, but everyone says to install to the steam directory. I can't do that since the installer quits out when it can't find BtS. Is there a zipped version available?

I do not have the Steam version, but I am experiencing the same issue. I believe it may be because my installation folder is as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\(USERNAME)\Application Data\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword

I believe the default is something like:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword

Could it be checking the wrong folder to verify that BtS3.17 is installed? Note that I am trying to install from the .41 executable as well.

I have the exact same issue, I bought the Civ4 complete package off of steam which has all four games + colonization. I have BTS 3.17 installed my FFH2 doesn't see it for some reason.

I uploaded a new version which will just warn you and not stop the install. You will need to redownload the full FfH2 to get the change.

Thanks a lot!!! I hope this works.

It looks like its awaiting authorization over at ModDB so I'll have to wait a bit to download it.

Thanks a lot!!! I hope this works.

It looks like its awaiting authorization over at ModDB so I'll have to wait a bit to download it.
You may not have to wait. I read a solution from another forum on how to get the old installer working.

1) Run regedit
2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword
3) Create a new key called "3.17" without quotes. If done right it should appear as a folder beneath the BtS folder.

That should do it. Good luck!

Authorization has completed, so no registry editing is needed. Just download the new installer.

Top Bottom