Mod won't unpack itself

Glidergun

Chieftain
I have a mod, Colorful Tech Web, up on the Steam workshop right now. While the mod is unpacked, it works. When people subscribe to the mod, they download the .civbemod file. However, the file doesn't unpack itself, so the mod doesn't show up on the in-game mod list unless you manually unpack it.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? I used 7zip to make a .zip file, then renamed it to a .civbemod. Could that be the reason? Is there a native method of packing files in Modbuddy that I missed?

After you Build your mod, 2 folders under your project [in C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy] are created: Build\ [where the mod is actually put together before it's copied to your Mods folder] and Packages\ [where your .civbemod files are created]. Note that all of your old versions can be found there as long as you incremented your version number.

After you Build your mod, 2 folders under your project [in C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy] are created: Build\ [where the mod is actually put together before it's copied to your Mods folder] and Packages\ [where your .civbemod files are created]. Note that all of your old versions can be found there as long as you incremented your version number.

Thanks you for that! It was exactly the problem and now it works.

Top Bottom