Modbuddy not updating the database (or something)

catman123

Chieftain
Hello, I am a new modder trying to make a mod for Civ 5. I believe the source of the problems for me is the Mod Buddy not updating the database but I am not sure if that is what's it. I also have the problem of not being able to install the Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 Redistributable Shell. To top it all off, the Mod Buddy won't even load anymore.
For the Mod Buddy not updating the database is it because of me needing to:
1. Upload it into the VFS.
2. Buy the Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 just to install its Redistributable Shell part (if that's the case?)
3. Something else?
For the Mod Buddy not loading anymore I do not have a clue what to do. All it says is "Cannot find one or more components. Please re-install." Re-downloading and installing it had not worked.

I am feeling really frustrated with this whole thing now and would be very grateful for anyone who responds.

EDIT 1: Added what's below.
EDIT 2: Added these two "edits" for clarity.

I saw a post from a while back and tried what it suggested and it turns out the coding was all wrong. In that case, since I am a new modder, is there a website or something that would be good for referencing when I fix all my code?

You don't need to buy anything to get the VS Isolated Shell, it should be available for download on microsoft's website. If you haven't installed that you won't have been able to use modbuddy, which means that you won't have been able to properly create a mod.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. By the way, I love your work on the Caveman to Cosmos mod. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom