ModBuddy refuses to work due to VisualStudio issue

Greizer85

Emperor
Yes... I need to make a simple mod to accompany my newly made map, but when I click on ModBuddy it says I need the VisualStudio 2010 files from Micro$oft's site. The installer downloads fine and when I click it all goes well until the point where it says: "Loading completed. Click Next to continue.". It always hangs there; I've waited for one hour just to make sure. When I click on the X to close the window, there's no response, I have to close the damn thing using the Task Manager.

I read up on VisualStudio problems and installed some other file, also VS related, that was deemed a prerequisite by someone on these forums. No change whatsoever. Also, I checked and I have Micro$soft .NET Framework 4 installed (also needed according to someone).

So, what am I to do here? In case no remedy is to be found, I'll ask in advance: can a simple mod be made without the use of ModBuddy? I only need to change the min distance between cities to 2 and change some city state names.

Here's hoping,

Greiz

Still need the answer... I promise I'll finish my map within two weeks if I get one. ;)

Ran into this issue as well. I'm sure there is a better work around but here is what I did to get it working again:

Uninstall civ5 sdk
Uninstall every VS program i had
Cleared temp folder
Restart comp
Reinstall civ5 sdk
launch modbuddy
Follow prompt for VS installation
Still hung up a little and took much longer than expected, but installed successfully

I was firmly in "try anything" mode so i am positive there is an easier fix.

Top Bottom