ModBuddy Solution

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Mannu, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Mannu

Mannu Warlord

So all ModBuddy projects are part of a solution. What is a solution? Is it better for each mod to be in it's own solution or is it better to put all the mods inside a single solution?

I've also noticed that you can add projects to a solution, but it doesn't duplicate the project code. Is a solution with multiple projects a modpack?

2. Justicex

Justicex Prince

I think project = solution. I think that it should be one "concept" in a solution. Like say you have a concept of doing a mod based on Star Wars. In one solution, you would put all the leaders and civilizations, etc. that deal with that. If you then decided to make a mod of Ancient Egypt, there's no real reason NOT to put it in the same solution, but you may not want Cleopatra going toe-to-toe with Princess Leia :D

The only real time it becomes imprtant is if one mod requires certain assets (like an ancient Egypt mod with all the little city-states as civilizations) and then you activate a mod that disables Egypt. The first mod would crash. Or if you activate some mods that alter resource values or sience rates or something. You may get some interesting (or unwanted) results.