ModCast 37: "The Cake is a Lie"

Deny the truth all you want. The thirty-seventh episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "The Cake is a Lie", it features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and long-term regular co-host Peter "Maniac" Steenbeke.

ModCast is monthly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game modding; sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.

- 03m58s | News
"How to be a Video Game Designer" and the Buffy Mod was released.
- 20m06s | Artist Sketchpad
The Sand Worm from the Dune Mod.
- 24m30s | Code Corner
The Era Styles Mod by tholish and the Multiple Producitons Mod by Devon.

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Thanks for featuring the Sandworm. To settle your discussion, the mouth and texture was done with a texture.

Here is a screenshot of the mesh before the mouth was textured:
Spoiler :

And here is a screenshot of the worm after I made the teeth and mouth texture:
Spoiler :

I used several layers of Sarlacc teeth from stills of Return of the Jedi to make the texture, with each layer adjusted to give the receding-into-darkness effect.

If you want to feature the Dune Wars mod, I'd suggest you PM davidlallen who I know was on the show once before talking about the Fury Road Mod. He is heading up the Dune Wars project these days.

i knew it. it looked like an amazing optical illusion texture to me :) and i guess i prove ken hes wrong, which is always a plus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats fine, but what do you think about coming onto the show? you dont have to be a team lead to come onto tthe podcast, we have had so many different kinds of people on the show.

Top Bottom