ModCast 42: "Life, the Universe and Civ5"

Meaning redefined. The forty-second episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "Life, the Universe and Civ5", it features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and Peter "Maniac" Steenbeke with first-time guest co-host Cameron "Afforess" MacAvoy.

- 03m55s | Modding Spotlight
Speaking with the author himself, Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn by Afforess.
- 15m00s | News
The announcement of Civilization V, and what that is looking to mean for Civ modding... and the looking is good.

ModCast is a recurring audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game modding; sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.

Of course "offensive" religion mods will fly ... although, usually just in Japan.

I mean, look at the Shin Megami Tensei games (of awesome) xD ...

If I can't make fun of Theology, I can't have fun :p

I mean, I'm not a fan of using "official" religions of course ... but I like having my "Dark Cathedrals" that sacrifice population for magical power, and my "Cathedrals of Light" which increase Law and Order.

As well as my "temples of fertility" ;)

yea, I suppose I prefer my modz with a bit of a fantasy twist (including FFH ofc)

but yea, I hope that *functionality* is added or left in (even if it isn't in game, etc) ... so we can still have multiple ideologies/ city, and have a "state ideology.

Honestly, if they can have more than "equal distribution" (on a new religion function) it would be an improvement .... IE City A has 50% ReligX, 25% Relig Y, and 25% Relig Z
(sort of like how culture is in Civ IV, only it would belong to the ideology, not to a faction)

well i wonder who will make the badass fantasy mod for civ5....

i bet someone will make a religion mod as soon as the SDK is out :D

by the way: thank you guys for welcomming me back from my hiatus. this year has been tough.

i still have a depressing announcement to make next episode, as well as we are going to make some HUGE pre production changes, and so much more that we will talk about next time

Hmm, might as well build on this eh??

A 3-axis guide to alignment based on a Fantasy world that overlaps with the spiritual world or "demon world"

Spiritual <-> Materialistic

Free-thinking <-> Religious (Dogmatic)

Good <-> Evil

although I'm thinking of, instead of having Good <-> Evil ... of just having various social policies under the other two axes which are "either or" questions ... and some answers block later options.

(assuming social policies can be tied to alignment in some way .. assuming alignment goes into game-play as opposed to just conceptual design)

Well there ya go. start writing things like that in a notebook and start conceptualizing units, and before you know it you will have the outline for a mod for Civ5!!!

Why wasn't I consulted for this?! You said you'd call me!

Top Bottom