ModCast Episode 43: "Good Day, Earthlings"

Maniac

Apolyton Sage

Back again. The forty-third episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "Good Day, Earthlings" with a runtime of 58m46s, it features core panelist Peter "Maniac" Steenbeke with new regular panelists Jacob "xienwolf" Turner and "Thalassicus" with first-time guest co-hosts Jorge "Txurce" Saralegui and "Opera".

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m03s | Topic #1
Carrying the mantle of self-promotion, introducing regular panelists and guests.
- 17m29s | Topic #2
All about "Civ V Unofficial Patch & Thal's Balance Mod".

ModCast is a recurring audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game modding; sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy, RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

I listened yesterday and really enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

It was fun to hear Thal's and Txurce's voices after so much online discussion.:) The only problem is that I still can't figure out how to pronounce "Txurce":lol:

Whoever is huffing into the mic needs to be slapped. :mischief:

I hope a lot of people listen to this. There's a lot of good general game design advice in it.

We plan on making game design advice a regular section of these podcasts, so it's useful both to modders and people who play mods. Opera's mike was causing some trouble early on, but I think we figured out a way to fix that partways though. :)

It was fun to hear Thal's and Txurce's voices after so much online discussion.:) The only problem is that I still can't figure out how to pronounce "Txurce":lol:

I explained how to pronounce it on the show, but the bastards cut it out!

It's "Choor-seh."

It's "Choor-seh."

Nice, got it. I must've been still reeling from the mispronunciation of "Jorge" when you were introduced just beforehand!;)

Thal - are you going to be a regular contributer to ModCast?

Psh... I did the editing! :lol:

It took 7 hours... :hammer2:

That is hilarious, especially if you retrace the steps leading to that surprise assignment. Remember being innocently asked if you had the software, just in case? At the time I was thinking that Maniac was being excessively cautious... but now I see that he was just setting you up!

As usual, thanks again, Thal.

@Seek
Maniac, Xienwolf, and I are the three co-hosts of modcast's reboot. They have a lot more experience with Civ 4 modding, and I'm providing the Civ 5 perspective on things.

@Txurce
I signed up for the editing duties a month ago. DanQ organizes this stuff well - plenty of time for everyone to prepare. Editing is not actually much effort, since it's only once a month, and most of this first time was just figuring out how to use the software. It's nice to take a break from the more analytical side of coding to do other things. :)

I enjoyed the podcast quite a bit, particularly Xienwolf's perspectives. Looking forward to future casts, and maybe taking part once "Unnamed Project #3" is out the gate and in some beta.

DanQ organizes this stuff well - plenty of time for everyone to prepare.
:beer:

I hope a lot of people listen to this. There's a lot of good general game design advice in it.
I enjoyed the podcast quite a bit... Looking forward to future casts...
As Maniac noted at the start of the episode, he and I worked to get the remainder of a new ModCast regular panel in place earlier this year. Thanks to them, this episode's guests and Thal stepping into the editor role too in bringing this return about!

Top Bottom