ModCast Episode 80: "Shake Things Up a Little Bit"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Fresh twists. The eightieth episode, and tenth season premiere, of ModCast entitled "Shake Things Up a Little Bit", is now netcasting. Lead co-host Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley is joined by fellow regular co-hosts John "Neirai" den Otter and Lee "LeeS" Shipp with returning guest "SeelingCat" in this 82m18s outing, a record runtime for the show to date.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 00m35s | Modding Spotlight
Checking back in with the show's guest with what what he's been up to over the past half-year in Civilization VI modding.
- 20m15s | Artist Sketchpad
Adding Great Athletes to the game (recorded for Episode 72), mixing and matching Japanese Medieval unit art models (23m52s; recorded for Episode 73) and on Armenia and Malaysia for CivVI (27m57s; recorded for Episode 78).
- 31m24s | Cartography Room
The "Better Great Person Screen" for Civilization VI is examined, and a Reverse Island Plates map script for the game is considered (35m08s).
- 39m26s | Code Corner
Four CivVI modding works share the limelight: "Chrisy15's Civilizations and Leaders", Gedemo's historical and fantastical City States including but not limited to "Pompeii", "Camelot" and "Arkaim" and a Chinese-language based effort to pick a second leader mid-game.
- 57m41s | Miscellaneous
Putting forth the idea of having a Civilization VI religion that is based on two or more Pantheons.

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling TurnCast focuses on Civ multiplay.

well if the listeners listened to the 'bloopers' they also discovered what I sound like with a nasty chest-cold. though I don't know how that Archeological Discovery really applies much to modding.

well if the listeners listened to the 'bloopers' they also discovered what I sound like with a nasty chest-cold.
Indeed -- hope you began to feel better soon after the recording.

though I don't know how that Archeological Discovery really applies much to modding.
:D

We only mention mods we like as a general rule.

We may critique and talk about how we might have done part of it different.

We do not talk about specific mods to say we do not like them.

I can't remember exactly what was discussed but it was pretty much that we liked the ideas of the HIstorical or Mythical (like Camelot) City-States you have done because the more diversity in available City-States within a game the better.

Heeeeeeyyyy you mentioned my Japanese Medieval Unit Models...thanks :)
( i was lasttry before, now i have a new Name )
Yeah i made a lot of mistakes in this First mod. in my Ancient Empires&Ethnic Diversity project i will Try to avoid making the same mistakes, i will try my best to achieve that it will be as less Performance- Hungry as possible. No more up to 16 Textures for only one Unit. I will try to achieve As less Textures as possible for a Unit, and Lower polygon count. So i already know about the Problems of the Japanese Unit Models mod.
Thanks for mentioning the mod in the modcast Episode :)

Anyone that can do 3d modeling of units or whatever that does not come out looking like a melted ice cream cone is orders of magnitude ahead of my abilities re artwork is concerned.

I can code but cannot art -- unless I borrowsteal the art off Rob

Top Bottom