1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MODCOMP] Custom House

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Aymerick, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Aymerick

Aymerick Chieftain

[MODCOMP] Custom House v0.02

New version released as of May 9 2010!!!

Probably being the most requested feature, I decided to make a Custom House Modcomp that works somewhat like in Col1, but with some limitations just to make sure it's not too exploitive.

Yes! I will make a Modmod for AoDII, but first it needs to be tested. And I'm not sure if the sales mechanisms I've implemented are the most best so I do need comments and suggestions since there are many views possible and I'd like to find the best.

Description :
    The Customs House can streamline trade with Europe, even boycotted goods, and allows European trade during the Revolution.

Contrary to other Custom House mods out there, mine is not a "Warehouse" type building so it does not store goods and sell the overflow. The Warehouse Expansion ability to sell exceeds of goods to Europe remains unchanged for cities that do not have the Custom House or goods that are not set to be sold by the Custom House.​
    Building Details :
    Cost :
    • 225 Hammers
    • 100 Tools
    Buildings needed for construction :
    • Dock
    • Warehouse Expansion
    • Lumber Mill
    Limitations :
    • Limited to 1 instances by player. (Meaning only one Custom House can be built throughout each player's Colonies)

Sales Mechanisms :
    Once the Custom House has been built, clicking on the city building will open the popup where you can chose which yields to sell as well as the maintain level.
    If a trade route for the selected yield from this city to Europe exist, it will be deleted.

Non-boycotted goods will be sold at regular price minus the tax rate and will affect European prices, taxes and generate FF trade points.

For boycotted goods and during revolution, first the buy price of every European King except your own is found. The goods are sold at that price but also depends on the city's rebel sentiment, but at a minimum of 50%. So if the highest price for a yield is 8 and the city has 60% rebel sentiment, it will be sold at 60% of 8. It will affect that King's prices and generate FF trade points.

I've also setup a sales threshold to set the minimum amounts of each goods to be sold every turn. This way the Custom House will wait until there is 50 available (amount in stored minus maintain level). To change this threshold value, look for the "CUSTOM_HOUSE_EXPORT_THRESHOLD" in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file.​

Improved Trade Routes AI Concept :
    Originaly, the AI would set Trade Routes to Europe for every coastal colonies even for a same yield, thus ships have to travel more often to Europe. To prevent that, I've made it so that the Trade Routes are separated into Domestic and Foreign.

Colonies now all export goods for sale to the economic center, the "Best Port City" where they will all transit before being shipped to Europe. This reduces the chances that a ship will have to make multiple trips with half empty cargo of the same yield as well as warehouse overflow, improving Trade Routes overall efficiency.​

ChangeLog :
    Spoiler :
    v0.02 :
    • Confirmed Custom House sales in Revolution and/or Boycotted Goods.
    • Set minimum SellMultiplierPercent (i.e. Rebel Sentiment price effect) at 50% for boycotted goods.
    • AI now uses the Custom House.
    • Includes new and improved Trade Routes AI and bugfixes.
    • Includes JTradeRoutes by Jeckel.
    • Added Debug mode for Europe, Domestic Advisor and JTradeRoutes screens.

Screenshot:
    Spoiler :

Download [MODCOMP] Custom House v0.02

Aymerick

Attached Files:

2. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

As someone once said, this is one sexy mod. You put a lot of effort in to this and I know it will be appreciated! Thanks for this one Aymerick. If I ever get to actually play the game again I will check this out more and give more feedback.

3. Aymerick

Aymerick Chieftain

Thanks!

Funny how we end up spending more time modding than playing the game...!

4. Aymerick

Aymerick Chieftain

1. Go to your folder:
      Code:
      C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization
    2. If it's not already there, add a new folder named "Mods" like this:
      Code:
      C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods
    3. Unzip the Custom_House_v0.01.zip you've downloaded in that "Mods" folder so it looks like this:
      Code:
      C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods\Custom_House_v0.01
    4. Now start the game
    5. In the main menu chose
      • ADVANCED
      • LOAD A MOD
      • Select the "Custom_House_v0.01" from the list
      • Click OK
    6. Now the game restart and in the top right corner you'll see "Custom_House_v0.01"
    7. Start a new game (you can't use savegames from before you installed the mods)
    8. Have fun and let me know if you have comments and suggestion!

5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Sounds really good :goodjob:
    Did you manage to finish it? Is it working correctly under revolution too?

I really hope you plan to include this in AoFD :)

6. ma1801

ma1801 Chieftain

hi there, congs for the mod, i really missed this! i did as you said, the installation, but when i start a new game it crashes. any idea of why this happens??

thanks!!!

7. Aymerick

Aymerick Chieftain

Hey All!

I just released a new version, see first post for details...

There may be some bugs with the new Trade Route AI so let me know if you find any...

I'm now working on improving the AI overall, improving the found values for better colony placement, I want to add new city economic strategies, like production themes, and also improving the citizen placement and all...

I'm still looking for a good name, don't want to use "Better AI", any suggestions?

Aymerick

8. millansoft

millansoft Chieftain

Please, better continue developing Age of Further! :)

9. KJ Jansson

KJ Jansson Chieftain

Great work, Aymerick! :goodjob:

You combine two very important aspects of the game: Custom House and Trade routes. Both of them make the management of your colonies significantly easier.

May I ask about a small improvement.

On "Trade Route" screen there is a "Commodities" sub-screen. No problem to fit on this "Commodities" screen an usual set of goods from FOOD up to TRADE GOODS. However, when I added many new resources the "Commodities" screen cannot fit all of them perfectly.

The strolling in the vertical direction (ScrollPanel) is working correctly and I can see as many cities as I have. However, the strolling in the horizontal direction is absent.

Could you, please, add the horizontal ScrollPanel in the # Commodities Page (line 1544) section of the CvTradeRoutesScreen.py file.

Thank you very much in advance.

10. Aymerick

Aymerick Chieftain

Hey KJ Jansson,

I took the Trade Route screen from Jeckel's JTradeRoutes modcomp, just added the debug stuff...

From what I can see, simply adding a scroll bar wont work because the column width is contingent on screen resolution and number of YieldTypes... To make it fit, the column width would need to be fixed instead...

Actually, I think the same thing happen in your 1492 mod with the domestic advisor when screen resolution is lower than 1680x1050...

Now I'm not too good with Python, but if you have a working version with the new resources and trade routes screen I can take a look at it...

Aymerick

11. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

So Aymerick
    Will custom houses will make their way into AoFD too? ;)

12. ClasuSiosa

ClasuSiosa Thespian of the Sword

looks great, will definatly DL.

13. mlane

mlane Chieftain

Does this work for the Mac version? I downloaded and copied the mod, and loaded it from the "load a mod" section on the menu, but no the maps. menus, and other buttons on the main game screen are missing.

I assume the custom house mod only works for the PC version?

thanks!

14. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Chieftain

It has custom DLL, so yes, it only works for the PC version. It's possible to get something close to the functioning of the original Col's Custom House with just XML, however (naturally, not nearly as sophisticated as this mod is).

15. smoefer

smoefer Chieftain

Awesome!! After getting the groovy new (old) music yesterday one of the things that caught my attention while playing some more Civ4Col for the first time was the Custom House.

I think I might have to browse through all the mods here before even starting a new game, see what other "wrong" things compared to the original needs fixing.

Thanks a ton for this one!

16. Yamato

Yamato Chieftain

Hi there Aymerick, the link to download your Customs house mod no longer works. It takes you to a webpage called "Game Font" and then says File Not found.:cry:

17. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Chieftain

18. Yamato

Yamato Chieftain

Thank you Androrc!

19. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

Thanks for uploading this again, Androrc! :)

20. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

Hey Aymerick!

Could you please tell me which files you modified? I'd like to add this mod to TAC one, and I'm not sure how to do it. I was thinking about adding every change made to every file.

Let me know if you can do it and I can give you my personal email.

Thanks!