[MODCOMP] Domestic Market

I think a really great feature to add to this would be the ability to have some automatic transport of goods from nearby cities to enable a more realistic domestic economy. (ie, if you need a certain yield type and there are 0 in the city, call a function that iterates through the player's other cities, and if it finds one with excess yield subtract it from city Y and add to city X, while also subtracting a small amount of gold as transport costs.) For me one of the more really tedious aspects of Col is the necessity to micromanage transport of goods between colonies. But with some degree of automatic local transport, this would be a really cool simulation of a domestic economy.

The same function could also apply when you have insufficient local yield when constructing buildings or units that need a yield type. This would really reduce the constant hassle of micromanagement of shipping, while also giving you benefit if you planned local supply and demand appropriately because you would use less gold in local transport costs. I think this could also greatly improve performance for the vanilla AI, which seems to have lots of trouble planning transport optimally in the vanilla game, and even in mods such as TAC that attempt to help it. What do you think of this Androrc?

I think transport is an essential part of the game, and making commodities be transferred automatically would significantly water that down. I imagine it would be more interesting to have automated transports take goods from cities that have a surplus of a commodity to those that have a lack of it.

Such behavior is not a bug, but perhaps it would be better to indeed have some information about the unit's commodity demands appear upon hovering over it in the city screen.
I think this could be really helpful - especially when playing your mod for the first time :)

Top Bottom