[MODCOMP] Hardcore Food Mod

OnmyojiOmn

Prince
Download

This is a very simple mod that decreases the amount of food tiles will yield.

- Grassland and plains yield a base of 1 food instead of 3
- Marsh and tundra yield 0 instead of 2
- Crab resources add 2 food instead of 3
- Fish resources add 3 instead of 4
- Jungle subtracts 1 food instead of 0

These few changes have far-reaching effects. Now, food is a much more important commodity. Areas with food resources are prime real estate, and may be the only viable settlement sites you find. You may even have to settle on other landmasses. Rivers are actually sought-after and meaningful. Farms are more important, and most forest/jungle tiles will yield no food at all unless you bring pioneers to chop them. Multiple small, food-limited resource gathering settlements may be necessary to feed one production settlement rather than the other way around. Food trade routes are a must. Seafood has been brought in line with inland food resources, but is still more common.

This mod will obviously make the game harder - maybe too hard. I haven't really done much playtesting. To install, extract the archive to My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods. Unfortunately, this mod is not compatible with Age of Discovery II because both include a DLL file.

This seems to cause fewer native settlements to spawn. I guess I'll have to make custom map scripts or something. Can anyone direct me to the code for spawning natives?

Top Bottom