[MODCOMP] Natives as viable

joelwest

Noble
Native tribes viable 1.0

all tribes playable, but no victory conditions (cannot accrue FF points)

xml has comments regarding changes

natives can work in basic colonial buildings

native soldiers can now fortify themselves just like colonial soldiers

update file reference in shortcut link to your C4C path

if set Native flag "off" for a given Native civ, can get Eur style gold from other Native settlements

add to your mod to get better natives

View attachment Native tribes viable.zip

dunno if xml can solve these issues, but the following are the known issues with this MiniMod -

wagon train sells goods to other natives correctly, but when buying from other native tribes, cost is given to your tribe, not the seller!

native naval units cannot enter European ports

reserved for post 3

No attack ability?
oops, meant to say "native soldiers can now fortify themselves just like colonial soldiers"

this should be true whether a human or the AI is playing one of the tribes

revised first post with this wording

I wish someone would beable to add to the native tribe civs and make them worth playing somehow, like, trading with the euros, their own kind of buildings, like, insted of a tabacoo roller, they would have a hut that add to gathering the herb for trading, and the same for cotton/sugar/fur.

We should have our own units too. only having armed brave and mounted armed brave.

What about Cannos(1 attack, 2 move, 1 or two cargo slots) and War Canno(3 attack 2 move 2or3 cargo)

We also need our own kind of victory too!
Like, the Warpath one; Raze X number of settlments and kill X number of euro units. Or...

Passing the Peace Pipe; Ally yourself with every Native Tribe and defeate the Euro civs

We could turn Churchs into Furtility(spelling?) shrines and when you have enough, new braves are born(ie; you can't trade with Europ, but, new units are gained from crosses still)
town hall turned into Chiefs Hutt that when people are their, they gain bells that are used to.... I have no idea on this one.

I think the tribes need to be able to destroy all the european civs. Only the catch would be that they can't make guns. Also you can't make stockades. MAYBE allow something that allows them a 25-50% defense bonus. But even that is iffy IMO.

The "chiefs hut" town hall possibly create a "native sentiment" of course this does not help any borders grow but it will make your soldiers gain a combat bonus. Which they will need if you have to attack forts and fortresses en mass with weaker units. I wouldn't allow cannons but perhaps a spy type unit that could lower the defensive bonus for 1 turn at the expense of the unit. But the city will still maintain some rebel sentiment of their own. Perhaps liberty bells may also allow you to generate a "settler" to go found a village. This will help when european borders start invading too strong and force you to pull back.

The real question comes in as to how you are going to make gold or why you would need to. This is the first thing I thought of when I got this game is "how could you make it so you could play as the natives?" Now that I see someone is messing with it... or was, not really sure. I may start toying with this myself.

I'm currently working on playable natives (aliens) for my 2071 mod. Actually making them playable is easy (just set <bPlayable> to 1); the issue is that the standard Col natives would be very very boring.

I've found that by giving them a dummy parent Europe civ, they can regain access to the Europe screen as well as the Founding Fathers and Revolution mechanics. I'm thinking the remaining issue will be to enable enough units/buildings to make them powerful and interesting, while still giving them enough drawbacks/penalties versus the Europeans to balance out their advantages from Advanced Start and better resource production. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions from longtime Col players for balancing playable native civs; I'll probably upload a beta in the next week or so with a playable Empire of the Greens.

Top Bottom