[MODCOMP] New advisor screens (Col1-like)

koma13

King
Hi!

I'm working on a re-design of the advisor screens. I want to change them back how they were in Colonization 1. I began with Europe screen and the Continental Congress some month ago.

New update (Europe screen 4.1):

Changelog:

- replaced the old Col1 background with a new one. Big thanks to Fankman for making this possible.

- some bugfixes

Install:

1. Download and extract EuropeScreen_4.1.rar.
2. Copy "EuropeScreen4"-directory to Colonization/mods and start it via advance/load a mod.

I included a AOD2 compatible version:
Copy "AgeOfDiscoveryII"-directory (inside EuropeScreen_4.1.rar) to Colonization/Mods. Say yes if asked to overwrite existing files.

See readme.txt for more informations.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11581.

Enjoy :)

Nice idea. Though I think to much air space (screen should be moved up), and not that good looking buildings. Inbound ships should face east.
Ship inventory should be uncer the ship not over.

You should think about what to do with the patch that has a sail west/east feature.

Thanks for comments. I love it when people praising me :)

@Zuul
Yes you have some valid points.

I am aware of the fact that backgrounds right now have subpar quality. It was a quick task i've done first. Now that i see concept is working i'm willing to invest more time into the graphics. I will also try to reduce wasted space in the upper half. And yes, Mr. Eagle Eye, inbound ships facing wrong side. But at least they comming from north, what is historical correct if i recall correctly.
And thx for mentioning the east/west feature. I totally forgot this. But of what kind of patch are you talking? Is it an official one or some mod?

@all
I would like to turn inbound ships around, but i don't know yet how to do this. Is there a function or element in python i can use for flipping /rotating images? I only found one for shaping.

Expect a new release on weekend!

Nice :D

Keep up the good work.

When work finishes on this, it needs to be integrated into the Origins Mod :)

Nice :). Only one thing I could complain about: the ships in the dock should be twice the size if they are so close.

that is 10 x better looking than the plain brown screen

if anything I might suggest background bars to remove the transparency behing the stock at the bottom and the treasury / tax at the top ? assists the hard of sight!

nice work ! :)

Thx! :)

if anything I might suggest background bars to remove the transparency behing the stock at the bottom and the treasury / tax at the top ? assists the hard of sight!

It's not as simple as it seems first. If i made background of stock/cargo boxes to dark it will be hard to differ between guns, tools and trade goods. But I'll try and if i come up with a better solution i'll post it.

Btw, please report any misplacings or odd behaviour. It's not easy to keep track of all that possible resolutions.

How does it look with more than two ships in port? Curious how you've implemented a large fleet at the docks. :)

You can scroll them like in the default screen (but horizontal). This is the reason for the space under the stock.

Attachments

• EuropeScreen Multilingual.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 308
  • ErrorMessageGerman.jpg
    ErrorMessageGerman.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 355
  • ErrorCorrectGerman.jpg
    ErrorCorrectGerman.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 391
  • ErrorCorrectEnglish.jpg
    ErrorCorrectEnglish.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 409
  • MultilingualGermanMessage.jpg
    MultilingualGermanMessage.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 410
  • EuropeScreenUnchangedGerman.jpg
    EuropeScreenUnchangedGerman.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 544
  • EuropeScreenChangedGerman.jpg
    EuropeScreenChangedGerman.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 410
  • EuropeScreenChangedEnglish.jpg
    EuropeScreenChangedEnglish.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 405
First off, I love love love this. From the beginning I've wanted something better than that ugly brown screen. Is there any way to add sounds of Europe? Merchants doing business and maybe a bit of Old World music? I'm just nitpicking though. Again, I LOVE it.

Thank you Cornhog. Yes, adding sounds should be possible. I can't promise you it will be in next update but it's definitely on my todo list. If you're desperate for this you can fasten progress by providing me some concrete samples/sounds. :p

Hey KingMB, thx for pointing this out. It's a little bit embrassing because I'm german too :) but i have to admit I never tested Colonization in an other language than english. I'll give you an more detailed answer in your "Modvereinigung (mit NB-MOD)"-Thread @civforum later this evening.

Oh, I'm not smart enough to help you edit it. I just snipe from the peanut gallery. One more nitpick though. Is there any way to keep that trade window open all the time? The one that tells you how much you sold for how much?

Top Bottom