[modcomp] Vicinity Bonus Buildings

Warning this mod is broken in AND 1.6beta9. Last working version AND 1.55.

Now that Afforess has provided us with the ability to require that a resource be in the work area of a city, I have some buildings that use it. I found the production buildings mod which came with the code to be too unballancing in RoM. My aim is to have one or more buildings for each resource. I am also working on an idea from the Civ III mod "Paths to Glory" where certain buildings produce a caravan of building materials:)hammers:) or trade goods:)gold:).

My building pack:-

Available in beta see attached file.
Pearl Diver, Deer Park, Tapistry Maker, and Incense and Spice Monopolies.
Some of the Gold, Silver and Gem buildings.​

Needs Graphics - buttons at least

Testing

Ideas
Spoiler :

Building: Assayist
Tech: Code of Laws
Resource: NONE
Cost: normal
Other prerequsites: Gioldsmith or Silversmith
Output: -5% maintenance.

Building: Gold Tax Office
Tech: None
Resource: Gold
Other prerequsites: Assayist
Output: +1 gold (resource), more likely to revolt (unfair tax).

Building: Silver Tax Office
Tech: None
Resource: Silver
Other prerequsites: Assayist
Output: +1 silver (resource), more likely to revolt (unfair tax).

Building: "Royal" Jeweler
Tech: Trade, Metal Casting and Currancy
Resource: NONE
Cost: very expensive
Other prerequsites: Centre of goventment (palace, forbidden palace, etc.), one of Goldsmith or Silversmith or Gem cutter in the Civ
Output: more money.

Building: Wool Weaver
Tech: Weaving
Resource: Sheep
Other prerequsites: Trade plus Weaver's hut if using Early Buildings
Output: Wool(?) or one sheep resource (for now)

Building: Cotton Weaver
Resource: Cotton
Output: one cotton resource

Building: Silk Weaver
Resource: Silk
Output: one silk resource

Building: Piece Market
Tech: Agricultural Tools
Resource: Sheep
Other prerequsites: Feudalism, Wool Weaver
Output: money but increased chance of revolt

[/INDENT]

Now that Afforess has provided us with the ability to require that a resource be in the work area of a city...

Hey, that code has been freely available for ages now. All the way back to version 1.2, I believe. It's not like it's a recent addition or anything! In fact, I think that was the second SDK change I ever made. (The first was flavored civics).

Oh, yeah, those buildings look good. ;)

Hey, that code has been freely available for ages now. All the way back to version 1.2, I believe. It's not like it's a recent addition or anything! In fact, I think that was the second SDK change I ever made. (The first was flavored civics).

Oh, yeah, those buildings look good. ;)

So I am slow sue me :lol: However you only just released the building revolution effects which give us more than maintenance to use as negative effects :) Btw is there a link somewhere documenting what are sensible values in that field?

So I am slow sue me :lol: However you only just released the building revolution effects which give us more than maintenance to use as negative effects :) Btw is there a link somewhere documenting what are sensible values in that field?

Low numbers have a big effect. A 10% increase in the chance of revolutions effectively raises the base revolution index by literally, 10%.

I imagine that a 100% increase would cause even the capital to revolt. Mess with 5-10% values, see if you can find what you like.

Oh, and nothing says you can't have a building that decreases the revolution effect. Negative numbers work just as well as positive ones. ;)

I have uploaded a taste of things to come - see my first post. These are beta and I don't have the sounds right. Some of the text is also off.

I am debating on whether or not to have each building modular so that people can choose which buildings are suitable for their own games.

Any comments welcome - especially those pointing to some graphics :)

Now that Afforess has provided us with the ability to require that a resource be in the work area of a city, I have some buildings that use it. I found the production buildings mod which came with the code to be too unballancing in RoM. My aim is to have one or more buildings for each resource. I am also working on an idea from the Civ III mod "Paths to Glory" where certain buildings produce a caravan of building materials:)hammers:) or trade goods:)gold:).
If you are interested in some changes to trade caravans, I could add Dom Pedro's trade code changes that he made.

If you are interested in some changes to trade caravans, I could add Dom Pedro's trade code changes that he made.

I am not sure- so far the caravans I am looking at are either hammers or gold - both once off. So I don't see the need yet ;)

I did something like this in Civ3, wonder if I have my notes somewhere, that might prove useful

If you did "Paths to Glory" then that is where I got the idea.

I have the Python almost working for the creation of units, I just have something going wrong when you load a save. Its a pity that we don't have the Civ 3 option of creating units a certian number of turns after creation but have to use the every n turns since the game start.

That would be good, thanks. No hurry as I will not be doing much now until the new year.
Quick question though, are the buildings listed under "spoiler" the only ones that don't have button graphics yet?

Quick question though, are the buildings listed under "spoiler" the only ones that don't have button graphics yet?

My list is actually much longer than that in the above list. Those are just the ones I have fleshed out. Below is the same list with those in bold being the ones I have adaquite icons for.

Code:
Resource      Building
Deer          Deer Park

Incence       [B]Incense Monopoly[/B]
Spices        [B]Spice Monopoly[/B]
Cotton        Cotton Weaver, Tapistry Maker
Sheep         Wool Weaver, Tapistry Maker, Piece Market
Silk          Silk Weaver, Tapistry Maker

Pearls        Pearl Diver
Gold          Goldsmith, [B]Assayist[/B], Gold Tax Office
Silver        [B]Silversmith[/B], [B]Assayist[/B], Silver Tax Office, "Royal" Jeweler
Gems          Gem Carver (soft gems), Gem Cutter (hard gems), "Royal" Jeweler
Ivory         Ivory Carver

Stone         Quarryman, Mason
Marble        Marble Quarryman, Mason
-------------------------
Copper        Copper smelter, Ore crusher (water powered)
Iron          Iron forge, Ore crusher (water powered)
Those I need are not in bold.

My list is actually much longer than that in the above list. Those are just the ones I have fleshed out. Below is the same list with those in bold being the ones I have adaquite icons for.

Code:
Resource      Building
Deer          Deer Park

Incence       [B]Incense Monopoly[/B]
Spices        [B]Spice Monopoly[/B]
Cotton        Cotton Weaver, Tapistry Maker
Sheep         Wool Weaver, Tapistry Maker, Piece Market
Silk          Silk Weaver, Tapistry Maker

Pearls        Pearl Diver
Gold          Goldsmith, [B]Assayist[/B], Gold Tax Office
Silver        [B]Silversmith[/B], [B]Assayist[/B], Silver Tax Office, "Royal" Jeweler
Gems          Gem Carver (soft gems), Gem Cutter (hard gems), "Royal" Jeweler
Ivory         Ivory Carver

Stone         Quarryman, Mason
Marble        Marble Quarryman, Mason
-------------------------
Copper        Copper smelter, Ore crusher (water powered)
Iron          Iron forge, Ore crusher (water powered)
Those I need are not in bold.
Ok, I'll definitely have them by tomorrow. If I find the graphics I need, I can have them done by today. I like the idea and really want to use the buildings you made :goodjob:

Ok, I'll definitely have them by tomorrow. If I find the graphics I need, I can have them done by today. I like the idea and really want to use the buildings you made :goodjob:

:worship:

As promised, here are the graphics you wanted. I hope you like them. Some of them I had to kind of improvise with. If you don't see what I improvised on, then I did a good enough job ;)

Link to Thread for Pics

Attachments

• Vicinity Bonus Buttons GFX.rar
    56.5 KB · Views: 107
A new beta version of this mod is available adding some more buildings. You will need to delete the BuildingSupplies folder in the Modules/DancingHoskuld folder since I have restructured everything to make adding more buildings easier. Also there was some junk in the previous beta.

The silversmith appears to be causing a CTD at least for me it is. Has anyone else tried to build this building sucesfully with beta9?

Top Bottom