1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modded dll not loading for some players

Discussion in 'Civ5 - SDK / LUA' started by Pazyryk, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

I periodically get bug reports from new players that, on inspection of Lua.log, are clearly caused by the mod's dll not loading. That's evident from missing defines and object methods added by my dll. In general, these players report that they are not playing a Mac and have fully patched Civ5 with G&K and BNW installed. It's a small minority of players, but comes up often enough.

The mod adds a renamed "CvGameCore_Ea.dll" using OnGetDLLPath.

Is there some other reason why this might occur besides Mac and old unpatched Civ5?

Also, does anyone know a way to have the player's Civ5 version printed to Lua.log so I can verify that myself when this comes up again?

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

From MainMenu.lua

Code:
    local i1, i2 = string.find( UI.GetVersionInfo(), " " );
    versionNumber = string.sub(UI.GetVersionInfo(), 1, i2-1);

Edit: Are they trying to use TWO mods with a replacement DLL

3. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

No, I actually have Lua.log printing enabled mods, so I can see that they are not doing that. Unless it is DLC-type addition - is that possible from one of the multiplayer solutions that are out?

Thanks for the version number tip!