[BNW] Modded game starting bugs

Fernatics

Chieftain
Occasionally when i start Civ V games with mods installed, all of them quite popular so I don't think they are the issue, certain bugs occour. I have Brave New World, and Gods and Kings.

The main one is the starting techs, Mining, Pottery, etc. take 81 turns to research, all other techs have also been scaled up. I'm trying to figure out whats goingon and isolating the variables, but it's taking hours. It primarily happens on Deity, and I typically have 17+ Civs in the game. Every game I've played with Mods, after i firet noticed the bug around 2 hours ago has had this. If anyone knows how to fix it i would really appreciate it, as i can't find anything online.

A second, more minor issue, which is usually one time and doesn't repeat, i just need to restart the game, is my starting Settler is all weird. I have the option of getting promotions like +25 attack vs cities, 100 vs submarines, +2 range, + 33% dmg from intercept, some of the promotion symbols are red boxes with a line going through it. The Settler also has the option to do things like write political treaty (or wahtever the great writer thing is) rebase mode, build rodes, i will provide screenshots if necessary.

Those are telltale signs of mod conflicts. Just because mods have been out there for a while and/or are popular doesn't mean the mod authors have made any effort to get the mods to work together.

I presume none of this happens when you fire up an unmodded game.

After adding the Community Patch MOD (and several other new civ mods) I tried opening a new game and was greeted by a Corporation and Monopoly overlay screen. This seemed totally wrong since I had not even started my first settlement. It refused to close. Thus I can't even start my game. Is this a bug, or did I fail to load the Community Patch (Automatic download with EUI) correctly? I could use some help with this. Thanks.

Top Bottom