1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modding a mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by seasnake, Dec 4, 2016.

1. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

hey question,

I'm working on a mod that adds a 3uc for community patch. Is there a way I can make it so the sql I'm doing is what takes precedence? Specifically I'm adding an improvement that gives massive bonuses to cows and bison, but commmunity balance rebalances all of the values for those resources in one of its files. I want to create a file that has all of their changes and the ones that correspond to my new improvement and when both mods are active it reads mine, not the other.

2. Elucidus

Elucidus Chieftain

Add your last?

3. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Code:
      <References>
        <Mod id="ce8aa614-7ef7-4a45-a179-5329869e8d6d" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="The Enlightenment Era" />
        <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="DLL - Various Mod Components" />
        <Mod id="d9ece224-6cd8-4519-a27a-c417b59cdf35" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Future Worlds" />
        <Mod id="ebfd41c6-94ad-47ed-9383-6c9509c4bdfe" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Ultimate Eras Mod" />
        <Mod id="8c63c188-045b-4955-bbea-6c685d119c86" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Prehistoric Era Reborn" />
      </References>
    This is from my Era Building's modinfo file. "References" cause the other mod to be loaded first when both mods are enabled at the same time. You can add these references in ModBuddy when you are creating your mod or you can directly edit a modinfo file to add them. In ModBuddy you add these references in the "Associations" tab. The "Associations" tab should show in the same overall window within ModBuddy as when you are adding "Actions" for xml/sql files. You need the mod ID# of the other mod from it's modinfo file.

Then you just make your mod make the changes needed in the game's database.

If you are talking about dll-level changes made by CP, then the referencing method won't work because the changes made by dll are not present in the game's database.

See This post from The Enlightenment Era mod.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  4. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Moderator Action: Seasnake, the modding tutorials and reference is for completed modding tutorials and reference guides only. All questions and requests for help go in the main Creation and Customisation forum. I've moved this thread to there.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889