Modding an existing pre-included scenario

ono-neko

Prince
Hi, I think this is my fist post here after lurking so long.

I just got inspired to play Chinese Unification scenario after reading this thread. Anyway, I've played couple of games, and found out that it seems to be pretty hard to win the game by either conquest or domination. So far I only managed to win a lot of Time Victories, even Diplomacy is though when everyone starting with annoying with you.

So, I am thinking of editing the number of turns of this scenario, but the problem is I do not see "Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml" file under its XML folder. Searching in all its XML files, there doesn't seem to be anything that define the speed. Does anyone know how I can change the # of turns on this scenario? May be I just need to create a new "Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml" file with my own definition in it?

TIA.

Hi, I think this is my fist post here after lurking so long.

I just got inspired to play Chinese Unification scenario after reading this thread. Anyway, I've played couple of games, and found out that it seems to be pretty hard to win the game by either conquest or domination. So far I only managed to win a lot of Time Victories, even Diplomacy is though when everyone starting with annoying with you.

So, I am thinking of editing the number of turns of this scenario, but the problem is I do not see "Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml" file under its XML folder. Searching in all its XML files, there doesn't seem to be anything that define the speed. Does anyone know how I can change the # of turns on this scenario? May be I just need to create a new "Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml" file with my own definition in it?

TIA.

You need to go into the map itself and change what you want there ok, heres what it looks like in notepad:
Spoiler :
Version=11
BeginGame
Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL
Calendar=CALENDAR_YEARS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_FLIPPING
Option=GAMEOPTION_FLIPPING_AFTER_CONQUEST
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_TRADING
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_SPEED
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_OPTIONS
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_VICTORIES
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_MAX_TURNS
ForceControl=FORCECONTROL_MAX_CITY_ELIMINATION
Victory=VICTORY_TIME
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC
GameTurn=0
MaxTurns=200
MaxCityElimination=0
TargetScore=0
StartYear=-450
Description=TXT_KEY_CHINESE_UNIFICATION_SCENARIO_DESCRIPTION
ModPath=Mods\Chinese Unification\
EndGame

For changing the turns just make it what ever you want for turns see highlighted area in spoiler.;)

Remember always make a copy before messing with the original. and welcome to CFC

Thanks strategyonly!

One more question. Since I am adding more turns, I want to slow down research a little also so that reseach won't be done too fast before the turns end.

Following the map file, if I understand correctly, the game starts (or is played) with Classical Era. So, I am assuming that I need to edit the XML/CIV4EraInfos.xml and edit the iResearchPercent rate under ERA_CLASSICAL ?

TIA!

Top Bottom