Modding Help for Dummies (Like me)

StevieTV

Chieftain
Hey y'all. I'm extremely new to this site in particular, but I've been playing Civ since the fourth installment was released. I am really enjoying Civ 6 and am enthusiastic about getting into modding; more specifically, making my own civilizations. I already do graphics irl, so things like 2D assets come very naturally me to me. But then there is the technical side of things...

I have tried so many tutorials. There is a limited amount of video content, and the tutorials on the forum have me a bit stumped. Does anyone have any advice that may help me over this hurdle?

Making a new Civilization and Leader is a bit of complex for beggining to mod. Perhaps you could try to create units or buildings first for your first taste of modding, though if you want to skip to Civ modding, you could just follow the tutorials that you've read before and ask questions here of what your problems are.

Making a new Civilization and Leader is a bit of complex for beggining to mod. Perhaps you could try to create units or buildings first for your first taste of modding, though if you want to skip to Civ modding, you could just follow the tutorials that you've read before and ask questions here of what your problems are.

Great idea! Yeah I'm not really sure what the hierarchy of difficulty is when it comes to modding, but that sounds like an awesome place to start.

Top Bottom