Modding Help

GiuseppeIII

The Third Giuseppe
For everybody who has a problem adding something in the game.

I'll start I'm trying to find a building that you need two resources to build. Is their a quicker way then looking through every building:mischief::mad::cry:

I don't really edit the XML much, but I'm pretty sure those that do should look into XML editors, many of which will read the schema, and do validation against it, as well as schema-driven data entry and search. XmlFox looks worth a look to me, but I haven't searched extensively.

I know this is a very beginner question but what are buttons and how do you add them to a building.

(also of buttons are just the miniature icons for things then in my current game the civ leaders ones show up as pink in the military overview section. Is that supposed to happen BTW I added extra leader videos so is that maybe the problem

say just a noob question but where do i put my modded xml files????

edit: ok so i got along and added my modded files to a folder and updated the MLF but i get an error that they don't load when the mod activates. any help????

say just a noob question but where do i put my modded xml files????

edit: ok so i got along and added my modded files to a folder and updated the MLF but i get an error that they don't load when the mod activates. any help????

You need the schema file(s) in the same folder. To stop conflicts happening it is normal to copy the relevant schema files into the new folder and give them the prefix to match the folder name so C2C_CIV4UnitSchema.xml becomes FolderName_CIV4UnitSchema.xml. You then need to change the reference to the schema in the XML file also.

You need the schema file(s) in the same folder. To stop conflicts happening it is normal to copy the relevant schema files into the new folder and give them the prefix to match the folder name so C2C_CIV4UnitSchema.xml becomes FolderName_CIV4UnitSchema.xml. You then need to change the reference to the schema in the XML file also.

ok gotcha:), but how do i change the reference ???

the name of the schema file to use is the first bit of XML after the comments. Post your XML here in a file (compressed) if that does not help and I will have a look.

ok i think i changed the reference but it would be nice if you take a look and thanks mate your xml editor is just awesome!!!!

though there is a problem that it says i have that i need to end the file before the tag close, any idea what it means???

Attachments

• my stuff that i made.rar
    10.3 KB · Views: 35
ok i think i changed the reference but it would be nice if you take a look and thanks mate your xml editor is just awesome!!!!

though there is a problem that it says i have that i need to end the file before the tag close, any idea what it means???

You were missing a number of end tags but the main problem was that you had both a <TechTypes/> and a <TechTypes> tag in the middle. I also renamed all your files and shortened the path in the art defines.:mischief:

You were missing a number of end tags but the main problem was that you had both a <TechTypes/> and a <TechTypes> tag in the middle. I also renamed all your files and shortened the path in the art defines.:mischief:

wow thanks works fantastic! :goodjob: though i do have a problem that when i load the game my building doesn't show up in the civpedia, is it because i haven't done the text yet???? :confused:

Top Bottom