1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

modding question on unit-movement

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by Calavente, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

Hi,
    is there a way to have a promotion that one of the following):
    .gives -1 (or more) movement while always being sure of having at least 1
    .disallow to use roads (in own country)
    .mimics the "leash" mechanics of RifE

currently I'm trying to use the mechanisme of Heavies... but IIRC that would not affect anything if you have roads.

Otherwise I could use flying to not use roads... but then the unit would be able to go on water or mountains..

or give -1 mvt... but then the unit could attain 0 !!

any ideas using MnAI xml tags ?

2. lfgr

lfgr King

Leash is possible via python, Magisted did something similar, but it's very resource-intensive AFAIK.

3. Calavente

thus, not for me.

I remembered that hidden nationality also forbids use of the roads...
    that would work fine... but the hidden nationality part would be not balanced..

it seems I'm in a quest for the impossible.

I guess I'll leave it at increased terrain cost. (-2)

4. Calavente

another question:
    can a promotion give: "INVISIBLE_ANIMAL" ?
    *in fact the real question is :
    the tag "bInvisible" leads to which category of invisible units?

(I want to try to give khazad the ability to hide (and defend) in mines.
    So I created a spell : "garrison mine"
    which gives :
    -"garrison attack promotion" +1 attack ; disabled after combat, 35%expire chances
    -"mine garrison defense promotion" +2terrain movement cost, 15%defense, 10%CollateralDamageProtection, blitz (for infinite defensive strikes), +10%defensive strikes, +5%defensive strike damage, +25%xp (allows: "leave the garrison" if you are allowed to cast)
    -"hidden" (removed after combat)

roughly :
    dwarves melee, archer, disciples, recon can "garrison" a mine (with different prerequists).
    then... they get improved protection, increased defensive strikes
    they can wait, hidden.
    they can attack, with increased str on neighbourghing tiles

however if they attack, or are attacked, they lose hidden and the increased attack... and are left with : -2mvt and increased defensive strikes. (the -2mvt appears when the +2from garrison attack disappears)

thus the unit is (generally) unable to move, and it is expected to "leave the garrison" in order to fall back to the mine or to move again.

(ideally I would have loved to use a "leash"... and thus all those +2mv / -2 mv...etc would be unneeded)

However I don't want those units to be too hard to find... even if hidden. So "invisible animal" would be nice. But promotions only propose "bInvisible" which is 0 or 1 and not "Invisble" which allows "animal / land...etc".

any tip ?