modding strategics amount on map

zukenft

Xx420NoWondeRHon0rStaRtxX
so in most games I play, uranium is very scarce, sometimes only 2 patches of them in a whole continent. so you have to choose between building nuclear plants or nukes/GDRs. i know, it's not required to win, but sometimes you want to have some giant robots raining death and destruction on your enemies :p

yet every patch of aluminium could give 8, and it looks like every CS have one. this also made recycling plants useless.

so how do I mod this? in terrains\civ5resources.xml there's a resource_quantity types table. would it work if I increase the quantity of uranium and reduce aluminum there?

update : tried changing the table, aluminum from 5 to 2, and uranium from 2 to 5.
tested on duel map starting on information era. no changes, uranium patches still only give 4 per patch, while aluminum still give 8 per patch.

From memory (I don't know how to mod maps scripts), the values are hard coded in the map scripts. I recall some modders complaining about this a while ago.

From memory, the values are hard coded in the map scripts.

Correct, it's all in AssignStartingPlots.lua, specifically the methods GetMajorStrategicResourceQuantityValues() and GetSmallStrategicResourceQuantityValues() determine how many units of a resource each "stash" receives

Top Bottom