Modding traits

Doomed_UK

Warlord
In bts which XML file has the traits in so I can tweak them?
I found the standard civ4 classic one (CIV4Traits) but using that file in a bts mod causes lots of errors on loading.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

(I want to mod financial so that you get the extra gold on tiles that have 3 gold to start with rather then 2. I think that the financial trait is far too strong on maps with lots of water, and I want to see if this tweak will balence things better)

The secret is to only copy and paste those lines of the XML that give you the changes you want-*not* the entire file. If you copy CivTraits over from Civ4 to BtS or Warlords, then it is going to run into a mountain of issues (as you've discovered). Hope that helps you out :).

Aussie.

Copy the CIV4Traits file from Warlords and it'll work perfectly in BTS.

Gurra09

Copy the CIV4Traits file from Warlords and it'll work perfectly in BTS.

Gurra09

This ^.

You get errors using the original civ xml file because in the original file you don't have the new traits (Protective etc).

Just copy the one from (not BtS!) Warlords and edit the parameters, should work without any problems.

There is no Civ4Traits file in BTS. That's because no traits has changed or been added since Warlords. Because of that you'll have to copy the Civ4Traits file from the Warlords/Assets/XML/Civilizations folder.

Gurra09

Thank you.
I'm sure I had looked in the warlords folder before for the traits XML, I must of been suffering from computer fatigue or something.
Anyway, financial now altered to my liking, thanks for the help!

Top Bottom