Moderator Clean Up

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
As many of you are aware, we have had a number of moderators who were assigned to forums but have been inactive for a long time. They had been kept on the list for various reasons, ranging from laziness on the administrators part to sentimental reasons, or even the Hotel California clause.

However, it had gotten a bit excessive, and the feedback was that it was often confusing for people wanting to contact a moderator, and inadvertently (no fault on heir part) trying to contact one who was not active.

So... the list has now been cleaned-up. As part of this, I wanted to offer those that had previously served on-staff a small token-gesture of thanks, so I created the "Retired Moderators" group. This is entirely opt-in for ex-staff who wanted to be recognized in this way (some declined, and some were uncontactable / unresponsive). You will see those that opted-in having a shiny new badge under their usernames.

For any ex moderators who still want to opt-in, just send me a PM!

Edit: If someone wants to design a better colour scheme....I want something that is distinguishable at a glance from active moderators, but am open to whatever. Green and green may be a tad hideous!

Awesome! :)

The bright green should probably be toned down a little, it's rather garish (at least on CFC black, might not be so bad on other skins).

The bright green should probably be toned down a little, it's rather garish (at least on CFC black, might not be so bad on other skins).
Looks ok to me - in the "dark blue" skin.

I suppose it greatly depends on what skin the retired mods are using themselves.

Thank you, ainwood. :)

The colors look a bit... March 17-ish. I'm using the Dark Blue skin, and the bright green hurts my eyes.

Awesome :)

Can the label be some shade of grey instead? Green implies "go on! PM me!", whereas grey seems more fitting of retirees ;)

Tan shades would be nice.

EDIT: I've just cycled through the skins, and the light/dark green looks okay on Turnip Green and festive on the Christmas skin. However, personally I find the left-hand side of the badge hard to read - white font against light green isn't enough of a contrast.

Options I quickly threw together?

The blue one is nice (a bit invisible on the Dark Blue skin, though). Could you do a tan one, so we could try it out against the different skins?

Grey is hard to see on the Dark Blue skin, and the font barely shows up for me.

The green and blue ones look really nice on DarkCFC.

It's mostly the RETIRED part that's hard to read. If the colors are flipped, it is easier to see.

Attachments

• RETIRED.png
    RETIRED.png
    295 bytes · Views: 329
I like this one, but if the MOD half could be a few shades darker than the RETIRED one, it would look more balanced (how do you change the colors on these?).

Attachments

• retired.png
    retired.png
    295 bytes · Views: 321
Top Bottom