Moderator deleted my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartouche Bee

Appropriations Consultant
A member had questioned about scoring in the QSC, I replied with a couple of changes that I made for my own use to better reflect actual performance. The post has been deleted (I can't PM any one cause I do not know who to PM and received no PM reprimand). I voluntarily stopped posting in GOTM forum because cracker was editing all my posts. If you want me to stop posting in the SG forum just let me know so I can bow out of my current games.

Thanks

Unfortunately the posts by you on game issues related to QSC and GOTM continue to be border-line trolls at every opportunity.

The issue here is not to pick a fight at every opportunity while you run randomly across the SiteFeedback, Strategy, Succession Games, and General Discussion forums.

Trolling is when you deliberately take every chance you can get to try and create conflict or to get a rise out of other members.

Because you are a good player and have so much positive that you can contribute, this behavior choice stands out as a particularly insidious way for you to continue expressing you disagreement with managemnet decisons that have been made in some areas of the site. You are entitled to your real world opinion, but when that opinion combines with any latent behavior problems to make an extra effort to encourage conflict or disrupt the enjoyment of other users this needs to be something we should both try to avoid.

Your are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to be my personal pet troll.

-- cracker

cracker, although you take this personal it really does not concern you, you don't mod that SG forum. I don't care if you don't like my opinions, and there are other that share some of my opinions also. We should not be holding back others to conform with your opinions. If some of us other players evaluate things differently than you, we have the right to be right or wrong.

CB,

You have a right to your opinion. I still respect that and have not given up hope on you. A number of other respected individuals have approached you to change this fringe behavior.

Your opinion does not give you the right to become a troll anywhere on this site or in the company of other adults.

Have some respect for the challenges that we face that may not 100% match your personal views and make a stronger effort not to "scent mark" every discussion to be another opportunity to express your displeasure with my decisions. This benefits no one and just moves us closer to positions that force me to intervene more actively. You make the choice here and develop some respect for the general opinions that do not fully agree with your position. Your opinion is not excluded but you have deliberately chosen not to participate in the solution up to this point. We still need you help, respect your skills and abilities, and want your positive participation and leadership if those are things that you can find a way to contribute.

I consider this current issue closed.

cracker

Anyway, cracker, just because I value a tech at the low end of the scale and you the high, causes you such grief to go delete posts (or have them deleted) in SG and edit a whole pile of other people's posts seems rather over reactive. Others have expressed a similar belief, it's not really post deleting stuff or post editing stuff we are talking about here. Your action seems pretty irrational in my opinion.

Kudos, cracker, you opened a thread in GOTM to discuss these things. :goodjob: I guess I just posted 48 hours before you were going to make the appropriately timed discussion available, sorry about that no way to know that it was a planned discussion event.

Already there are posts from BillChin, SirPleb and Bamspeedy. Hopefully they have enough valid experience to contribute to the discussion. BillChin was writing early game strats before you joined CFC, his tight build-military rush is still effective as demonstrated by a 1100AD spacerace run in a recent GOTM.

Cracker opened that discussion thread on QSC scoring issues back in December...

The proper forum for discussing QSC scoring issues is in the Civ3 GOTM forum, so please don't continue to discuss QSC/GOTM issues in other forums from now on.

Closing this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom