Modern Alliances

i just had a quick look the B25 its Range is 1,350 miles which is london to around smolensk, russia but thats flying range not Combat radius, its Combat radius will be half that which is london to Gorzow Wielkopolski, poland

I know your kidding but thats not how it goes at all i must say schools actually try to do the oposite sometimes - so much time is spent on native americans and how we mistreated them in school - its not what we did its just mythes such as we used all gorilla tactics and we didnt - no1 said we are the best, we won either way. Paul revere didnt say "the british are coming" again just a mythe no1 says americas the best cuz he said that.

yes of course i was just joking, while ive never had an american history lesson so i couldnt comment on what they teach you but it does seem that theres lots of myths about history that are wrong that seem to come from america, like the examples you said or that the people thought the world was flat until Columbus which aint true, they knew it was round for a long time before him, the ancient greeks knew it for example, that particular myth is credited to an american author whos name slips my mind

yes of course i was just joking, while ive never had an american history lesson so i couldnt comment on what they teach you but it does seem that theres lots of myths about history that are wrong that seem to come from america, like the examples you said or that the people thought the world was flat until Columbus which aint true, they knew it was round for a long time before him, the ancient greeks knew it for example, that particular myth is credited to an american author whos name slips my mind
Most things like that arent cause of america though - you can find things that people say that are stupid in every country every culture. The problem is age, when you try to teach young kids things you need to simplify it and to say well the ancient greeks knew the world was round because of x x and x and the church though y and blah blah blah its confusing for little kids, so to teach them columbus found out the world was round simplifys it and if they know that they know what he did (traveled to america). The problem is when you learn something like that as a little kid it sticks with you. My tour guide (best one ive had very knowledgable and a historian teacher as well - british too)even admits when he hears paul revere first thing he thinks of is him on a horse shouting the british are coming - it sticks with you

i just had a quick look the B25 its Range is 1,350 miles which is london to around smolensk, russia but thats flying range not Combat radius, its Combat radius will be half that which is london to Gorzow Wielkopolski, poland

does that help any?

Most things like that arent cause of america though - you can find things that people say that are stupid in every country every culture. The problem is age, when you try to teach young kids things you need to simplify it and to say well the ancient greeks knew the world was round because of x x and x and the church though y and blah blah blah its confusing for little kids, so to teach them columbus found out the world was round simplifys it and if they know that they know what he did (traveled to america). The problem is when you learn something like that as a little kid it sticks with you. My tour guide (best one ive had very knowledgable and a historian teacher as well - british too)even admits when he hears paul revere first thing he thinks of is him on a horse shouting the british are coming - it sticks with you

oh yeah as you said they dumb it down for kids but they dont do it right.

i heard on a tv show paul revere only did it for 6 miles and some other guy did most of it but i cant remember the name they said.

Well the big thing is he didnt say the british are coming..because he was british - he said the redcoats..no wasnt that was something else.

And they actually had a system like most people would those days, he tells one person, and then a bunch of people go out and tell their designated areas - this was like 1 in the morning so 1 person doing it would be useless

Yess that does help - i will probably just bring down the ww2 planes range a bit

How much more expensive would you say a medium bomber would be than a fighter? and a heavy bomber to a medium one? (looking for ratios or number there) and between torpedo bomber, dive bomber and fighter which ones are more/less expensive

Ehh neither of them really give specifics about classes of planes though

Im not asking for dollars but like civ amount what do you think they should rank in? Do you know if torpedo bombers or fighters cost more in general? Really just a guess if you have one cause i got one but its not realy based on much

give me the list of which you want me to rank and i will but also ask if Dumanios and Wastl have an opinion too as im not 100% sure of them

i would say fighters cost more than some torpedo bombers, since alot were older planes like the swordfish of course the douglas TBD devastator which was more modern is probably about on par with a fighter.

Really only other question is between medium bombers and fighters and medium bomebrs and heavy bombers, what do you think sould be the difference between em?

Also what do you think i should do for names? Should i go with full names or just normal ones? Ex.
b-25
Normal: B-25 Mitchell
Long: North American B-25 Mitchell

fighters - medium bombers - heavy bombers
mmm ok so a medium bomber half of the heavy bomber and fighter a quarter of an medium bomber? i think lol

go with normal name, only put long if necessary e.g 2 units with similar names

I'd make torpedo bombers more expensive than fighters. They weren't that much harder to build, but nothing was mass-produced like fighters were.

It's kind of hard to put a price on certain types, each country had a different focus. Going just by the numbers built, fighters should cost somewhere between 1/5 to 1/3 of medium bombers, so a quarter does sound pretty good. Using those numbers doesn't really help when it comes to heavy bombers. Germany and Russia didn't use all that many, the Americans produced more heavy than medium bombers, while the British were around maybe 1/2 heavy to medium. They were about twice as heavy as medium bombers, so maybe making heavies twice as expensive as medium bombers isn't that bad.

the problem is cost though. fighter should cost atleast twice more than a tehcnical (armed pickup) right? bomber four times as expensive as fighter, heavy bomber twice as epxensive. if technical is 20 cost: 20x2x4x2 is 360. battleships is way more expensive than a heavy bomber tho. i mean probably 50 x but lets just say 10 times more epxensive. thats 3600 for a battleship. most ww2 battleships took 2-3 years to build. if its 2 years that means cities get 180 a turn to build. if its 180 a turn both heavy bombers and technicals take the same time

well i kinda agree with wastl about the torpedo bombers but its all going to depend on the model, a swordfish doesnt cost more than a spitfire to make surely. a spitfire was a top of the range model and the swordfish was obsolete tech, mass produced or not.

im afraid this is just one of those things like we've talked about before that it doesnt just fit into civ correctly so you will just have to try fitting it in best you can, try halfing the amounts again and see if that works.

Made some big decisions about the mod and some small ones
Big
-Civs will now only have 1 Leader each
-Uniuque Buildings are removed
-Remove Religion
Small
-No more modular
-Long names now (ex. United Mexican States for Mexico)
-New custom civ colors based on colors of flag

Now I can hear Aob compaining about my big changes already and saying he doesnt understand the small ones so let me explain :lol:
Leaders-There are several reasons I did this. First it will cut the mod by about an estimated 20-30 kb download size. Second I feel keeping it consistant (instead of 15 for russia one for another) instead of unorganized. Third is my new system - putting addons for new leaderheads. The addons will be based on eras and countries (there will be a WW1 one for example, adding all the necesary WW1 leaderheads and adding them to the scenario). Also this way people can decide when they are talking about monarchs. If you think UK should be only prime ministers then you dont need to worry about Queen Elizabeth (Obvoiusly churchill will be British leader) popping up in a game - but if you think its cool shes in there because shes the only british person youve heard of, you can download it and put her in there. Another reason is there is much less leaderheads. The lh are so disorganized (completely random traits no pedia pages). with so many less leaderheads they will all be 100% complete and accurate..couldnt do that with 400 of em

UBs - Basically there arent enough to keep it. Not enought Modern UB's so having 10 of them for 100 civs i dont like. I havent deicded if I will remove palace UBs yet...

Religion- Doesnt add anything to the game and doesnt add anything to the game. Might replace it with somethin modern (sports) or might leave it in (doubt it but might)

Modular - Doesnt effect you guys but will make mod run more smoother - more organized on modding end

Long Names - I want short names to begin with because otherwise civs would be in weird order in pedia. I realized that we can just change it so it does it by its short name and so the civs can also have a long name - basically only time you will see this is in diplo screen

Colors - Some civs have same colors - creates problems. I am going to redue color system.

All of this amounts to much more work but leaders shouldnt take me to long and i already finished modular and UBs.

Aob, Wastl, Dumanios, others..would you be download if i released a beta for 2.8? The unitclasses are ready and look really nice - i beleive once i am done with this version it will be one of the most professional mods out there

you could replace religion with politics (a bit like Road to War) where the religions are chosen through civics not religion screen

That is a good idea and i will probably do the religion through civics but theres some things i dont like about politics as religions. People choose the religion of countries in real life (im sure with several exceptions but usually through out history) and they definatly choose it in the game (usually you choose whichever is followed most) where politics many many times in history and modern day people have no voice in it. I mean in the game for facsism to spread throughout america and then the government switches to fascism isnt realisitc.

I do like the idea though, since the type of government is now as important as relgion use to be. Maybe something at the begining of the game you get to choose which governemtn you want via a popup and your first city gets that politic

Now I can hear Aob compaining about my big changes already and saying he doesnt understand the small ones so let me explain :lol:

i know its your mod and you can do what you will with it, im only giving my opinions. if you no longer what me to give my opinion on stuff just say and i will stop, not a problem for me.

Aob, Wastl, Dumanios, others..would you be download if i released a beta for 2.8? The unitclasses are ready and look really nice - i beleive once i am done with this version it will be one of the most professional mods out there

are you asking if you uploaded the beta would we play it or are you asking if we would play test it?

i know its your mod and you can do what you will with it, im only giving my opinions. if you no longer what me to give my opinion on stuff just say and i will stop, not a problem for me.
Haha man it was just a joke - trust me I definatly value your opinion. It is just we think alike when it comes to what we look for in a mod (more is better) and ik removing religions, leaders, ubs would be bad in my mind so i know it would be in yours too so thought i would explain it :D

are you asking if you uploaded the beta would we play it or are you asking if we would play test it?

I have a beta ready if you want one and im asking if you guys want one - its not in necesity of playtesting or anything just if you guys want one for your own interest

Haha man it was just a joke - trust me I definatly value your opinion. It is just we think alike when it comes to what we look for in a mod (more is better) and ik removing religions, leaders, ubs would be bad in my mind so i know it would be in yours too so thought i would explain it :D

ahhhh right sorry i obviously misunderstood then, my bad.
yeah im not gunna lie still think its bad even after youve explained it :lol: but like i always say its your mod afterall.

I have a beta ready if you want one and im asking if you guys want one - its not in necesity of playtesting or anything just if you guys want one for your own interest

well if it runs i wouldnt mind a look.

Top Bottom