Modern Alliances

dacubz145

Deity
well im surprised to hear your working on it, knowing how passionate you are about politics i thought you might still be crying that obama got re-elected :p

but im not surprised he was re-elected as they said on UK news that usually you have to be a really bad president to not get a second term. romney shot him self in the foot by saying 47% of americans wouldnt vote for him as they dont pay tax. that sandy give obama 5 days on tv and took the wind out of romneys campaign and now that white americans are in the minority for the first time the republicans are out dated and need to change.

well as ive said before due to work i wont be able to do much scenario making until january now, i may have time to do abit because its abit quieter than last year but im assuming your gonna be busy with your other mods so unless you want to do some the WW2 scenario may have to go on the back burner until jan.
Still would like you to get the beta or new version to see what you think

Not so sad obama won, since I knew he was gonna get reelected, numbers just never added up for Romney to win and like I said I dont knkow if Romney is the answer but Obama isnt - between the two the only thing that im pretty disapointed about is the health care, we need that overturned, no one wants it and honustly Obama would of gotten reelected a lot easier without it. It actually extremely hurt him because the rpublicans won the house just because of it (americans hated it so 2010 they voted republicans in). The whole 47% thing honustly doesnt matter, no1 thought that much of it to be honust, blew over pretty quickly. He got thrown a great opurtunity of the Libya mess and I cant beleive he dropped the ball there

I guess to sum it up, there was an african american on I beleive MSNBC (very pro-Obama) that said "Its very good The americans have decided to give Obama another chance after what happened the last four years" and this guy is very pro-Obama. It really shows you how this election went. Sad the education of america, whoever ended up winning the election was gonnna win by negative adds, attacking the other and telling the people what they want - neither of them had any plans and neither would have one based on their ideas.

aob86

King
oh yeah i would def like to try it.

i watched the news coverage on UK tv for a few hours that night and what i got from what i saw was america seems really divided looking at which states voted for who, looking from the outside it all seemed complicated to me, electoral college and votes that only get counted if its a close call.

and what was that someone posted in the forums on here about complants to the UN about voting in texas, so the UN monitors that went were told by attorney general of texas that being there was against the law and threatened criminal prosecution if they do. is texas in russia or USA? i cant tell.........
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478673

like ive said in the past, i dunno if its just this age we live in but there never seems to be any great leaders in any countries anymore, there all average at best. plenty of bad and evil ones tho, somethings are always the same :lol:

Dumanios

MLG
Personally, I'm glad the election is over. Tired of calls to the house at odd hours in the morning, political ads everywhere, and political partisanship everywhere. Personally, I'm holding out for Christie 2016. Seems like he's the best politician out there in America.

As for the attack ads, they're wimpy compared to the ads of our forefathers.

dacubz145

Deity
oh yeah i would def like to try it.

i watched the news coverage on UK tv for a few hours that night and what i got from what i saw was america seems really divided looking at which states voted for who, looking from the outside it all seemed complicated to me, electoral college and votes that only get counted if its a close call.

and what was that someone posted in the forums on here about complants to the UN about voting in texas, so the UN monitors that went were told by attorney general of texas that being there was against the law and threatened criminal prosecution if they do. is texas in russia or USA? i cant tell.........
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478673

like ive said in the past, i dunno if its just this age we live in but there never seems to be any great leaders in any countries anymore, there all average at best. plenty of bad and evil ones tho, somethings are always the same :lol:
I've never heard anything about your texas story, doesnt matter really to me just seems like another one of your silly stories to degrade america (like the slavery, which was said by someone in a small town government...nothing like a governer), joke but you do love those stories :lol: but Texas is republican, was last 4 years, will be next 4 years so definatly not a big story in america as it doesnt matter

I think america has had recent ones. Reagan was great in many people opinions, he was the 80's. the problem in the last 20 or so years is globalization, leaders become less and less important to the world so harder to be famous for being good, but theres always been evil leader, a lot more in the past then now. I think clinton was actually not that bad of a president for us, and if it wasnt for his sex scandals he would actually have a very good reputation (last balanced budget...impossible for Obama or bush to do). Obama has the opurtinity to be one (1st black president comes in the middle of the 2008 crisis), but so far he aint taking that opurtinity

Gotta keep in mind, great leaders arent great untill years later...No one was talking about how great Churchill was as a leader in the middle of WW2

Personally, I'm glad the election is over. Tired of calls to the house at odd hours in the morning, political ads everywhere, and political partisanship everywhere. Personally, I'm holding out for Christie 2016. Seems like he's the best politician out there in America.

As for the attack ads, they're wimpy compared to the ads of our forefathers.
People responded negative to attack ads, and Obama had a lot of them - couldnt tell you bout Romney since im in chicago and illionois is gonna be democrat no matter what so he barely advertised there). Im glad its over too though

Christie said hes not sure if he's running though unless something recently has come out I dont know about

Dumanios

MLG
Christie said he's not running because he hasn't enough experience, so I'm waiting for him to get the required experience.

aob86

King
I've never heard anything about your texas story, doesnt matter really to me just seems like another one of your silly stories to degrade america (like the slavery, which was said by someone in a small town government...nothing like a governer), joke but you do love those stories :lol: but Texas is republican, was last 4 years, will be next 4 years so definatly not a big story in america as it doesnt matter

I think america has had recent ones. Reagan was great in many people opinions, he was the 80's. the problem in the last 20 or so years is globalization, leaders become less and less important to the world so harder to be famous for being good, but theres always been evil leader, a lot more in the past then now. I think clinton was actually not that bad of a president for us, and if it wasnt for his sex scandals he would actually have a very good reputation (last balanced budget...impossible for Obama or bush to do). Obama has the opurtinity to be one (1st black president comes in the middle of the 2008 crisis), but so far he aint taking that opurtinity

Gotta keep in mind, great leaders arent great untill years later...No one was talking about how great Churchill was as a leader in the middle of WW2

it wasnt a story ive seen on any news sites, just on here but theres already 233 posts so im not the only one who read it, i had no idea if it was true or not, was hoping you may of had some idea about it.
yeah i guess i do like to read weird stories, i read one last week which was just WEIRD. an 78 year old women in serbia died and she had decided that when she died she wanted to make sure her husband did not forget about her so in her will she requested a casting of her vagina(of which she had already provided) be put on her tombstone. I AM NOT JOKING, that was the actual story :cringe:, it even made it onto tv here, they actually SHOWED the tombstone :cringe: :cringe: :cringe:

oh please like americans need me to degrade them selves :lol: joke

i liked clinton, he was like the poor mans version of JFK, while JFK slept with Marilyn Monroe, clinton got Monica Lewinsky :lol:

if you'd of told anyone pre ww2 churchill would be the greatest british leader of all time they would of called you an idiot and told you to go away lol. countless people lost there lives in WW1 due to his poor decisions especially the Gallipoli Campaign and the years leading up to the start of ww2 when everyone was all about appeasement, churchill was the only one who warned about hilter.

jimmygeo

Warlord
I finally got up the courage to start a game of TTT with the 1914 scenario. p;aying as Germany. I was surprised to see that Germany has no U-boats at the start of war and Britain has T-class subs that weren't even designed until the '30's!!! I hope the next version will correct this unhistorical situation. Also, I found that the 'Bomb hanger' button doesn't do anything.

dacubz145

Deity
I finally got up the courage to start a game of TTT with the 1914 scenario. p;aying as Germany. I was surprised to see that Germany has no U-boats at the start of war and Britain has T-class subs that weren't even designed until the '30's!!! I hope the next version will correct this unhistorical situation. Also, I found that the 'Bomb hanger' button doesn't do anything.

The uboat in the mod is the ww2 version, so i didnt place the, as u boats, instead they are regularly coastal submarines with accurate u-boat names. also i do not beleive any t-classes were in there, unless aob added some? to say this scenarios inaccurate is pretty innacurate, by far most accurate ww1 scenario in bts.

also with the huge update coming soon there will be ww1 uboats (actually specific classes, not just generic term)

aob86

King
The uboat in the mod is the ww2 version, so i didnt place the, as u boats, instead they are regularly coastal submarines with accurate u-boat names. also i do not beleive any t-classes were in there, unless aob added some? to say this scenarios inaccurate is pretty innacurate, by far most accurate ww1 scenario in bts.

also with the huge update coming soon there will be ww1 uboats (actually specific classes, not just generic term)

i did all the subs before you pointed out to me that the coastal subs were the ww1 ones i think but you must of changed the german ones? as i didnt do them as coastal subs, as far as im aware i didnt do any ww1 subs as coastal ones.

i hope youve got some more ww1 subs then as you cant just have coastal subs for ww1, they had other ones you know lol

dacubz145

Deity
i did all the subs before you pointed out to me that the coastal subs were the ww1 ones i think but you must of changed the german ones? as i didnt do them as coastal subs, as far as im aware i didnt do any ww1 subs as coastal ones.

i hope youve got some more ww1 subs then as you cant just have coastal subs for ww1, they had other ones you know lol

There is no coastal subs in the new mod, it is simply renamed early sub in the new update - speaking of early submarine though I got a bunch of art for WW1 submarines for the main countries but none of them belong to any specific classes, any chance you can supply me with the names of the main WW1 submarine for each of the main players in the war?

Also the only UU for early sub I have is Type U31 Uboat, which otehr classes were there of german submarines?

@jimmygeo My bad, didnt know that happened with aob, I knew something like that happened but I thought it was only Uboats, that will definatly be fixed
If your going for accuracy you will love what has been going on for the next update (5 months in the making :lol:) really improved mod and made it more accurate

aob86

King
infact thinking back i think i did the subs before you added the ww1 sub, so they got missed by both of us really.

i thought they were subs that only went on the coast and obviously they had ones that went to sea, thats what i meant

that is a LONG list, check this website out, might be one you gave me, got them all on a nice list by country

http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/

dacubz145

Deity
infact thinking back i think i did the subs before you added the ww1 sub, so they got missed by both of us really.

i thought they were subs that only went on the coast and obviously they had ones that went to sea, thats what i meant

that is a LONG list, check this website out, might be one you gave me, got them all on a nice list by country

http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/
Im sure its a long list for germany, but for a country like UK or France or US do any pop out as I will most likely only have art for one (ex. like if you had only 1 generic art for german battleship youd most likely make it bismarck class)

Bryce3

King of Wessex
Looks like a great mod and I would really love to play it. Unfortunetly it never loads for me:(. I haven't installed any patches as whenever I try it claims I don't have civ4:bts. How do i fix this.

:snowlaugh: <-EVIL SNOWMAN!

aob86

King
try reinstalling the game and also if you downloaded the patch off the internet, try downloading and installing the patch via the game using the update option or vise versa

dacubz145

Deity
No, it still doesn't work. I'm trying to work out how. I hope I'm not being a nuissance :( .

:lol:dontmworry about being a nuissance, we're glad to help

Do you have the latest patch? i am a bit confused...you are running bts (not normal vanilla civ or warlords) on windows correct? so where is the problem? because on my computer if i download a patch directly from the civ screen it downsload but never actully updates to new version, so i need to download it from online and it works

if you already have 3.19 (to make sure open civ and on the main menu go to advanced --> about this build) then where does the problem lie? when you load the mod what happens?

dacubz145

Deity
UU's officialy being added in, doing predreadnoughts first as ships seem to be the easiest. Heres a screenshots for how they are going to look

couples new things to notice here
1)Theres a new page for UU's, seperate from Unit classes (although now it says world units now thatll be changed)
2)There is a specific amount of units being able to be built, accuractly depicting how many were really built
3)Required a Civ tech. Now civs each start with their specific tech and UU's require that tech, so now UU's do not replace Unitclasses so now if you are playing as the british you can build the Majestic class and predreadnoughts and a 2nd predreadnought UU if there is one
4)New Pedia entrees look much sleeker and more organized as well as more info in less text
5)Buttons are all civ style
6) (not in picture) each ship wil 100% have all accurate names

Due to the fact I need to create pedia entrees and buttons for each unit it takes about 5-15 minutes per unit to add, so adding them will be slow but I have three days off of school next week so I should make good progress

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom