Modern Alliances

Discussion in 'Civ 4 - Travel Through Time' started by dacubz145, Jun 25, 2011.

1. aob86

aob86 King

I must admit i did wonder exactly what they did teach at your schools because most americans ive met either on xbox360 or even in america, believed those things i said and couldnt point out canada on a map let alone the UK lol.

2. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Hey quick question though i need to know now, why are there two romanias and bulgarias? Are two suppose to be something else?

3. aob86

aob86 King

uhhhh strange i thought i had removed the second ones, i added them again without realising they were already there, i thought i had removed them once i noticed, i guess i must not of got around to it, my bad can you do me a favour and remove them please?

4. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Alright will do, no problem:lol: thought they might be civs you forgot to rename. gonna do a quick check to make sure no cities belong to them then done. Im almost done with all the techs, then probably off to democracy and units(both at same time since democracy is boaring:cry:)

5. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

also hey, do you know which countries weren't democracy? What would you consider the english vassels? and English is still monarchy corect? that changed around WW1 ik im not sure when though

6. aob86

aob86 King

you could always use them for mexican and brazilian rebels

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Good thing i checked, because the bad ones were actually the good ones. Im not to worried about those for now, want to get WW1 done then the rest we can worry about

8. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Also one more thing, whats the story with the two arabias? I thought there was just one back then but im sure you got an answer :D also what would be a flag (send me a link to a picture please) for the two of them?

9. aob86

aob86 King

china was a republic
    dont think tibet and mongolia was
    siam was monarchy
    dont think afganistan was
    2 saudi arabias wasnt
    not sure about turkey and alot of europe, need checking out

as you know uk is both an monarchy and a democracy but since you cant have both id say at that point we were more a democracy than an monarchy

10. aob86

aob86 King

that aint a mistake by me this time :D

theres your answer, plus likes to the civs with there flags

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Saudi_Arabia

11. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

I plan on changing the civics since the civics arent based on modern times so im not gonna worry about that for now

Didnt think it was a mistake i knew youd come up with an answer:D and btw i completed all the flags

12. mmreis69

mmreis69 Chieftain

Hi...first of all, congratulations about your mod!!!

Well, i´m getting an ugly error saying that has a problem to allocate memory...Does anyone knows what it means? I guess that it is not a video card problem but i´m not sure!!! I tried twice playing with Brazil and i had that error in both attempts!!!

Is there in the game an option to save automaticaly on each turn?

Thank you guys, this is the best mod i ever played...and thanks for Brazilian Civ, it is pretty cool to play with my nation!!!

13. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

thanks for the suggestion, look down here at the end of this most it says my civs, i created a brazilian civ as well

as for your crash when does it typically happen?

14. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

@aob86, doin a little research and when do you think we should start the scenario? bombing of belgrade happened around a month before french/belgian, and turkey didnt declare war untill end of 1914 i think september?

15. aob86

aob86 King

conflict started with austro-hungry invading serbia in july so i'd go with july

16. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

but technically turkey isn't in the war yet, same with uk and belgium, uk entered when germany invaded belgium and i wanna say that was august 3rd or 4th. should we just skip that fact? other wise theres no way really around it and no way to trigger them decalring war

17. aob86

aob86 King

aint there someone who can do trigger events for declaring wars? it is in some mods and after all no matter what date you choose some of the countries didnt join till year+ latter.

18. mmreis69

mmreis69 Chieftain

So...unfortunatly there is not a pattern when it happens or at least i couldn´t identificate it (or identify it, i dont know the correct word to be used here)!!!

It is around 20-30 turns played!!! First time it just closed the game and said that had a problem to allocate the memory in the video. The tip was to decrease the video settings from my gameplay!!! In the second time, on the game a message appeared saying that the game will close and then, closed. Just said that had a problem to allocate the memory!!!

As Brazilian i guess that i must say: Please, change the leader from Brazilian nation. Put Lula (Luis Inacio Lula da Silva) or the oldest one Getúlio Vargas!!! Dilma Roussef is ugly and a terrorist (when Brazil was controlled by the militars, she was a revolutionary and she putted a bomb in a bank killing a lot of people). This woman won the ellections because of the media and promisses that she will never acomplish!!!

Well, thanks again! :)

19. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Ive only seen that in the Ww2 one, blanking on the name but it comes with BTS

Umm adding that would require (atleast i think, ill find out) something i am not capable of modding,

Also please remind me two things if i forget
    Disable vassal states (because i played a turn to make sure it doesnt crash, and portugal wanted to be germanys vassel...obviously unrealistic due to the fact they were at war later one)
    And crate a new speed for scenarios since germany discovered everything in one turn.

Also if i remove the second romania, the scenario crashes. Dont ask why, cause i have no idea. But what should i make it as? Mexican revolts? or brazilian? Whats your sugestion?

20. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

For the crash, you must have a slow computer. That means the mod is to big for your computer, and to much art. There are much bigger mods that run on my computer fine and i don't have a problem with my mod. Do you have an old computer?

As for Brazil, please know i know basically nothing about brazilian politics. But being brazilian i have a questoin, do you know anything about the revolts you guys had during WW1? Do you think its worth putting into my ww1 scenario?

Also for lh suggestions, if you send me a wikipedia url, of a leader that has to be the actual leader (no generals etc, so for brazil needs to be president) that ruled at the earliest 1900 (no i will not take some1 that ruled in 1899 and not 1900) I will definatly add them, if you have a specific picture, i could use that or just use my own. Telling me a favorite civic/religion and traits REALLY helps but not needed, so the traits will most likely be wrong. Also if you want to send me a civilopedia entry i could also use that