Modern Alliances

Discussion in 'Civ 4 - Travel Through Time' started by dacubz145, Jun 25, 2011.

1. aob86

aob86 King

See if anyone can do that sort of modding, have a look at how they did it in road to war maybe? otherwise maybe start ww1 in 1915? then atleast the bulk of the civs are at war by that point maybe

Mexico def needs to be added to the scenario in someway but as far whats best i dont know, youd need to do some reading up on it. As we have a brazilian in the forum tonight maybe ask him how he thinks the contestado war should be added to the game?

2. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

This guy was President through almost all of WWI. Favorite Religion would be Christianity, and favorite civic could be Representation. I can't think of any traits.

Maybe replace Romania2 with Mexico, if possible?

3. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Already asked him as you were commenting;)

Umm as for mexico, i have read up on it a bit i can do some more wikipediaing tonight haha but im sure beside details we both know the basics, not to much real fighting, not really anything captured, a lot of underground stuff, some political problems, just like many "revolutions", those are the hardest to put in though, umm..if we don't give the rebels enough power that theres any chance they caan conquer a city, then id say best thing to do is make a civ called rebels, and have them both mexican and brazilian, although if they have no risk they are somewhat pointless

As for 1915 i dont think so, best scenarios are right before the invasion, only addition would really be Italy, and depending on when we do it, possibly portugal and albania and bulgaria. Not to be cocky as an american, but after the three on three (plus serbia and belgium...) started, USA is by far the most significant country to join, portugal bulgaria greece albania, i guess italy would be next most important,

The_J is probably my best bet, he helps alot with little things i need, if its python im sure he can do it

I will add him, prob not for a bit but i will in the next update, (i like to add LH in bunches so its easier and less work)
    Mexico is already in the scenario, most civs are (bolivia is, so mexico is:lol:), we were refering to the mexican reolution that was happening at the time, I could add a rebel civ, as there was a brazilian one at the time too

4. aob86

aob86 King

I hope so, will really add to the scenario and should make it stand out from other scenarios and will come in handy for the ww2 scenario too

5. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

quick question, where should most of the fighting start? obviously sebria, and belgium, but how about russia, im pretty sure they start fighting germany near prussia in the begining correct? and what about the austira-russian border, ik they fight but did they this early in the war? and what do we do with uk? do they have units in some countries?

6. aob86

aob86 King

yeah russia, invaded east prussia and Lviv(austro-hungry) think i gave that to russia rather than austro-hungry so that will need changing.

well alot of uk units need to be all across the empire at that point but some units need to be in france near the belgium border, along with a decent amount in mainland UK.

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

alright, had to add Vilinius since without it the culture was a bit weird changing lviv to austria

8. aob86

aob86 King

if you do add an rebellion civ, then you need to add some of there units in south africa as there was a rebellion in 1914 there too.

9. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Could you do me a favor? When you have time, no rush, check out how i started to place units. check mostly between belgium/germany/france and serbai/hungaryaustria. Tell me what you think and how to make it better, beside that im still working on most of the areas, but i wanna know what you feel i should change (amount of units, types of units etc), before i continue

Attached Files:

10. aob86

aob86 King

im sure i can find some time to look at ur units, i read abit about about ww1 in africa, you will def need to add units in some locations, so some more light reading for you to do there lol.

11. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

will do, and thanks, feel free to edit something if you feel like it should be chaned and upload it again, i probably wont work on it again tonight or tomorrow,

12. aob86

aob86 King

positions of the units look ok to me but obviously needs to be alot more Cavalry and machine gun units

13. mmreis69

mmreis69 Chieftain

So, my computer is not that bad...It is a Core 2 Duo 2.26Mhz in one core and 2.27 in another one, 4 Gb DDR2, GeForce 9300GS 256Mb!!! I had no problems playing other mods (even bigger than yours like the rise of a mankind)...i have around 5 mods installed here and never happened that error...well, i´ll not make critics because i am system analyst and i know that errors occours and i think that the idea of your mod is very nice and your iniciative to do it should be appreciated!!!

About the other topics, give me some time (1 or 2 days)!!! I´ll make a research and then i give you all information you need!!! I´ll try to give you more 3 LH and their traits (based on research and not in my opinion)!!!

Note: If that error occours again i will printscreen and send it to you!

Note 2: About Brazilian revolt in WW1 i never heard anything about it and i studied very well Brazilian history!!! But it doesnt means that it didnt occoured!!! It will be my priority and as soon as possible i´ll give you more informations!!!

Bye! :cool:

14. mmreis69

mmreis69 Chieftain

Ok, i have some news about Brazilian revolt during WW1 !!! What happened was not a revolt (I´m 100% sure) ! It was just some internal manifestations and in some states capitals (like Porto Alegre in the south of Brazil) had conflicts between the population and police! But never happened any kind of military formation against the govern. I got the informations from various sites including wikipedia and this movement was so weak that there is almost nothing about it!!!

A little bit of information about the Brazilian´s participation in WW1 (information is never too much)...

The Brazilian president was Wenceslau Brás (15/11/1914 - 15/11/1918) !!! A picture from him :

The Brazilian participation in WW1 was very limited, but it was the only country in South America that participated in WW1 ! In 1914, the military power of Brazil was too small to make a real difference in the war and the participation is resumed as follow:

- Brazil patroled the sea near Dacar (1918) with a naval squad (Naval Division for War Operations) and this squad destroyed a German submarine (they think that is the U-43) in the only battle they engaged. This squad was composed by:
    --2 Cruisers called Rio Grande do Sul and Bahia.
    --4 Destroyers called Piauí, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraíba and Santa Catarina.
    --1 Tender (i dont know what is this, there is no portuguese translation for this word) called Belmonte
    --1 tugboat called Laurindo Pitta
    - Brazil sent ships loaded with food to the Triple Entente countries.
    - Brazil sent some medical military squad to the Triple Entente countries.
    - Brazil sent some graduated officers to help in the French front.
    - Brazil sent Airplane pilots from the Army and Marine to be incorporated to England Army.

That is it!!! You can find more information (in portuguese...hahahaha) here: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasil_na_Primeira_Guerra_Mundial

The link: http://www.sacktrick.com/igu/brazilinthefirstworldwar/uniformsarmy.htm has pictures from brazilian army dresses (IN ENGLISH) that may help your 2D and 3D designers!

Next topic i will give you the LHs !!!

Until next time!!!

15. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Ill add the lh as you tell me

i do have riot police in the mod though, so it would actually be sort of realistic, ill see about that though

as for the crash, it use to be common in the mod when it was bigger (it was around 6 or 7 times bigger) and isnt common anymore and lmost never happens to me, actually never has in about 5 updates. if you can remember what you did last, it would really help

thanks for the supprt

16. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

aslo @aob87

the j aaid he would look into the war thing, its a possibility but dont count on it, seems really complicated to me, after that though, im gonna ask if theres something like planning on units popping up in a certain square and time. that could be useful for longterm small revolutions

17. aob86

aob86 King

Ive seen that in the road to war mod too so im guessing it can be done.

18. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

woops said 97, and we will see hopefully:)

19. aob86

aob86 King

actually you said 87 :p

20. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

damn i can't type today