Modern Alliances

Discussion in 'Civ 4 - Travel Through Time' started by dacubz145, Jun 25, 2011.

1. aob86

aob86 King

What about making it random what buildings you get, that way everyone gets a different benefit?

2. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Hmm interesting, seems to complicated though, it would cause a lot of lag in the first turn, something i was thinking of though was this: Promotions to settlers, when you build a settler you get one (or two if I come up with a lot of options) free promotion. Some promotions would be a free certain building, a population bonus, your religion, a culture bonus all placed in the city when built at first, another one would be "protected" where a rifleman gets attached to it and its strength goes up

3. aob86

aob86 King

I like the idea of the religion one, pain in butt if you found a city and some other religion takes route before you get a priest or whatever to it first and alwaying being GB any new city i found has to go on a transport via the sea so if i dont need to build a priest or whatever and send it with in the transport then i can send another unit with it instead.

4. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

It would take a bit of python though, so not something I can do, so I will see if i can get either The J or platyping to help

I am working on learning python though, if i adventually learn it I can add a lot of things to the mod, dont have to much time to learn it though sadly

5. mmreis69

mmreis69 Chieftain

Hello dacubz145!!! I´m still alive!!!hahahaha...so, i saw a message asking when you are plainning to release the ww1 mod and i didnt see an answer!!! I do the same question: when? when???????

I´m quite busy these days but when i have some free time i´ll send you the Brazilian LHs i promissed!!!

bye!!

6. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

to aob86 and others,
    Computer is down, looks to be for a while :mad: not sure when i can get it up and running, I have someone working on it now, no idea what's wrong with it hopefully he can fix it

Aob86, what i uploaded a couple pages back is the most recent copy of the scenario, if you have time to work on it great, if you dont that is fine but, I will post on here before I start to work on it again so feel free to edit it as you please, do apologize, cant really control this :(

Hopefully i will have it up and running soon

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

thanks for 3000 dowloads!

8. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Computers back up! @ aob86, gonna start working on the scenario again!
    @mmreis69, anytime you provide any lh I will be happy to add :D

9. aob86

aob86 King

I havent touched the scenario so no need to wait for me. after driving over 50 miles every morning and then having to go to work afterwards when the weekend comes around i want to relax, the last thing i want to do is work on the scenario lol but next week is the last week thankfully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Thats good to hear, i should have it finished (or atleast finished what i can do) by then, ready for you to be corrected and improved

11. aob86

aob86 King

sounds like a plan, im looking forward to playing it once its done

12. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

As am i, i already placed most of the units:D

13. Roamty

Roamty BTS

sevopedia pages for you

14. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Sweet dude worked like a charm, thanks!:goodjob:

15. aob86

aob86 King

how goes the 1914 scenario dacubz145?

16. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Good, most of the units are down, would you like it uploaded?

17. aob86

aob86 King

not much point really until youve done all you can and you want me to have a look at it.

18. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

I gotta long car ride coming up that ill be working on it(2 hours and im not driving) ill probably edit buildings but then after units and buildings is there much more to do?

19. aob86

aob86 King

make sure units are in correct places and then make sure civs economy is balanced then it should be good to go i think

20. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Well i did my best research on money back then, and placed civs golds as best i can (UK and Germany have 2 highest)
    Units are placed to the best of my ability. Im turning it over to you now since i dont plan on working on it for a while. Do what you think you can to improve it and make it more realistic, please set the date to the correct month as well, then send it back to me when youve made your changes, im going to do relations and civis give it back to you for a quick look over and it should be completed.

The scenario probably won't work for you, because theres things i put in thats not in your version, so i will be releasing another version of my mod within an hour

Attached Files: