Modern Alliances

I finally got up the courage to start a game of TTT with the 1914 scenario. p;aying as Germany. I was surprised to see that Germany has no U-boats at the start of war and Britain has T-class subs that weren't even designed until the '30's!!! I hope the next version will correct this unhistorical situation. Also, I found that the 'Bomb hanger' button doesn't do anything.

The uboat in the mod is the ww2 version, so i didnt place the, as u boats, instead they are regularly coastal submarines with accurate u-boat names. also i do not beleive any t-classes were in there, unless aob added some? to say this scenarios inaccurate is pretty innacurate, by far most accurate ww1 scenario in bts.

also with the huge update coming soon there will be ww1 uboats (actually specific classes, not just generic term)

The uboat in the mod is the ww2 version, so i didnt place the, as u boats, instead they are regularly coastal submarines with accurate u-boat names. also i do not beleive any t-classes were in there, unless aob added some? to say this scenarios inaccurate is pretty innacurate, by far most accurate ww1 scenario in bts.

also with the huge update coming soon there will be ww1 uboats (actually specific classes, not just generic term)

i did all the subs before you pointed out to me that the coastal subs were the ww1 ones i think but you must of changed the german ones? as i didnt do them as coastal subs, as far as im aware i didnt do any ww1 subs as coastal ones.

i hope youve got some more ww1 subs then as you cant just have coastal subs for ww1, they had other ones you know lol

i did all the subs before you pointed out to me that the coastal subs were the ww1 ones i think but you must of changed the german ones? as i didnt do them as coastal subs, as far as im aware i didnt do any ww1 subs as coastal ones.

i hope youve got some more ww1 subs then as you cant just have coastal subs for ww1, they had other ones you know lol

There is no coastal subs in the new mod, it is simply renamed early sub in the new update - speaking of early submarine though I got a bunch of art for WW1 submarines for the main countries but none of them belong to any specific classes, any chance you can supply me with the names of the main WW1 submarine for each of the main players in the war?

Also the only UU for early sub I have is Type U31 Uboat, which otehr classes were there of german submarines?

@jimmygeo My bad, didnt know that happened with aob, I knew something like that happened but I thought it was only Uboats, that will definatly be fixed
If your going for accuracy you will love what has been going on for the next update (5 months in the making :lol:) really improved mod and made it more accurate

infact thinking back i think i did the subs before you added the ww1 sub, so they got missed by both of us really.

i thought they were subs that only went on the coast and obviously they had ones that went to sea, thats what i meant

that is a LONG list, check this website out, might be one you gave me, got them all on a nice list by country

http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/

infact thinking back i think i did the subs before you added the ww1 sub, so they got missed by both of us really.

i thought they were subs that only went on the coast and obviously they had ones that went to sea, thats what i meant

that is a LONG list, check this website out, might be one you gave me, got them all on a nice list by country

http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/
Im sure its a long list for germany, but for a country like UK or France or US do any pop out as I will most likely only have art for one (ex. like if you had only 1 generic art for german battleship youd most likely make it bismarck class)

Looks like a great mod and I would really love to play it. Unfortunetly it never loads for me:(. I haven't installed any patches as whenever I try it claims I don't have civ4:bts. How do i fix this.

:snowlaugh: <-EVIL SNOWMAN!

try reinstalling the game and also if you downloaded the patch off the internet, try downloading and installing the patch via the game using the update option or vise versa

OK, thanks. I'll try that
LATER: I tried reinstalling the game then reactivating the patch but it still doesn't load (I meant the patch)! :cry:

No, it still doesn't work. I'm trying to work out how. I hope I'm not being a nuissance :( .

:lol:dontmworry about being a nuissance, we're glad to help

Do you have the latest patch? i am a bit confused...you are running bts (not normal vanilla civ or warlords) on windows correct? so where is the problem? because on my computer if i download a patch directly from the civ screen it downsload but never actully updates to new version, so i need to download it from online and it works

if you already have 3.19 (to make sure open civ and on the main menu go to advanced --> about this build) then where does the problem lie? when you load the mod what happens?

UU's officialy being added in, doing predreadnoughts first as ships seem to be the easiest. Heres a screenshots for how they are going to look

couples new things to notice here
1)Theres a new page for UU's, seperate from Unit classes (although now it says world units now thatll be changed)
2)There is a specific amount of units being able to be built, accuractly depicting how many were really built
3)Required a Civ tech. Now civs each start with their specific tech and UU's require that tech, so now UU's do not replace Unitclasses so now if you are playing as the british you can build the Majestic class and predreadnoughts and a 2nd predreadnought UU if there is one
4)New Pedia entrees look much sleeker and more organized as well as more info in less text
5)Buttons are all civ style
6) (not in picture) each ship wil 100% have all accurate names

Due to the fact I need to create pedia entrees and buttons for each unit it takes about 5-15 minutes per unit to add, so adding them will be slow but I have three days off of school next week so I should make good progress

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 69
Do you have the latest patch? i am a bit confused...you are running bts (not normal vanilla civ or warlords) on windows correct? so where is the problem? because on my computer if i download a patch directly from the civ screen it downsload but never actully updates to new version, so i need to download it from online and it works

if you already have 3.19 (to make sure open civ and on the main menu go to advanced --> about this build) then where does the problem lie? when you load the mod what happens?

I don't have 3.19. I don't know whether I have any patches or whether 1 or 2 came with the game. I'm very confussed!
Basicly, I clicked advanced then 'check for updates' it starting loading but then didn't work !:confused:

Thats good :D

@ aob, wastl, dumanios etc.
Predreadnoughts and dreadnoughts are in except for their own stats, if you guys know anything about any of these ships that should be considered with stats (like we did with tanks) please say so. I have movement/withdrawal done already though

Predreadnought
USS Iowa
Republique Class
Re Umberto Class
Potemkin
Pelayo
Mikasa
Majestic Class
Illinois Class
Erzherzog karl Class
Danton Class
Connecticut Class
Canopus Class
Braunshweig Class
Brandenburg Class

Dreadnought
Tegetthoff Class
Kawachi Class
HMS Dreadnought
Helgoland Class
Gangut Class
Dante Alighieri

USS Iowa - all i know about that one is it was quicker and lighter than the equivalent british ships.
Republique Class - funny one this one to add ingame as altho it was better than any other pre-dreadnought before it but the problem was it was built at the same time as HMS dreadnought so altho it was an improvement over any other pre-dreadnought it was already out of date when it came out due to it coming out at the same time as the first dreadnought.
Pelayo only thing i know about that one is it was considered slow.
Majestic Class largest battleship ever when first built, high fuel consumption, better armored than previous ships, also better and more guns than previous ships.
Illinois Class - better than the uss iowa due to using british style guns.
Connecticut Class fast but like Republique Class came out at the same time as HMS dreadnought so was out of date.
Canopus Class smaller, lighter and faster than predecessors, faster than Majestic Class.
Braunshweig Class - i assume you mean Braunschweig class yes? weaker guns than other ships of the time.
Kawachi Class considered an semi-dreadnought and not a true dreadnought.
HMS Dreadnought the ship from which all dreadnoughts are based off

USS Iowa - all i know about that one is it was quicker and lighter than the equivalent british ships.
Republique Class - funny one this one to add ingame as altho it was better than any other pre-dreadnought before it but the problem was it was built at the same time as HMS dreadnought so altho it was an improvement over any other pre-dreadnought it was already out of date when it came out due to it coming out at the same time as the first dreadnought.
Pelayo only thing i know about that one is it was considered slow.
Majestic Class largest battleship ever when first built, high fuel consumption, better armored than previous ships, also better and more guns than previous ships.
Illinois Class - better than the uss iowa due to using british style guns.
Connecticut Class fast but like Republique Class came out at the same time as HMS dreadnought so was out of date.
Canopus Class smaller, lighter and faster than predecessors, faster than Majestic Class.
Braunshweig Class - i assume you mean Braunschweig class yes? weaker guns than other ships of the time.
Kawachi Class considered an semi-dreadnought and not a true dreadnought.
HMS Dreadnought the ship from which all dreadnoughts are based off
Thanks, this will definatly help
Do you think I should create a semi-dreadnought unit?
In the new update the UU's will not have any connection with the unitclass. So even if I do not add a semi-dreadnougth class, Kawachi class has no relation in game (doesnt even replace the unit or say that it is a dreadnought) so if the stats are changed, what unitclass I based it off wont really matter

Battleships
Yamato Class
Vanguard Class
South Dakota Class
Nagato Class
Littorio class
King George V Class
Iowa Class
Dunkerque Class
Bismarck Class

Predreadnought
USS Maine (accidently forgot this one)

Armored Cruiser
Scharnhorst Class
Leon gambetta Class
Dupuy de Lome Class

Protected Cruiser
USS Olympia
Pallada Class
Matsushima Class
Giovanni Bausan
Bogatyr Class
Apollo Class

Light Cruiser
Magdeburg Class

Battlecruiser
Moltke Class
Mackensen Class
HMS Hood

Thanks, this will definatly help
Do you think I should create a semi-dreadnought unit?
In the new update the UU's will not have any connection with the unitclass. So even if I do not add a semi-dreadnougth class, Kawachi class has no relation in game (doesnt even replace the unit or say that it is a dreadnought) so if the stats are changed, what unitclass I based it off wont really matter

i cant really give you an opinion about the semi-dreadnought the japanese built, other than the fact the first japanese dreadnoughts are considered semi-dreadnoughts and not dreadnoughts and that only the japanese built them i dont know much else about them. im not big on japanese ships so not something i know much about, you may have to do some research on that one.

thing about battlecruisers is some were upgraded and were in battle during ww2, due to the naval treaty post ww1. the hms hood you mentioned being one of them. you think its worth adding in somehow? something like an promotion for the battlecruiser?

@ wastl what do you think about these?

Top Bottom