1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Buildings V. 6.00

Additional Buildings for the Modern Age

1. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

UncivilizedGuy submitted a new resource:

Modern Buildings - Additional Buildings for the Modern Age

Modern Buildings
    Version 6.0

This is a fourth tier of buildings for each district carefully chosen to maintain emersion without 3D art.
    • Megachurch +1 Citizen Slot, +4 Faith. Can only be purchased with Faith. Available at Capitalism. Prerequisite= Religious buildings (Cathedral, Mosque, etc.)
    • Recycling Center +1 Citizen Slot, +4 Production, +1 Great Engineer Point. Available at Synthetic Materials. Prereq= Power Plant
    • Observatory +1 Citizen Slot, +5 Science, +1 Great Scientist Point. Available at Rocketry. Prereq= Research Lab
    • Hotel +25% Tourism pressure from this city towards other civilizations starting from the Atomic era. +1 Citizen Slot, +1 Amenity, +5 Culture. Available at Cultural Heritage. Prereq= Broadcast Center
    • Amusement Park +2 Amenities, 10 tile range. Available at Computers. Prereq= Stadium
    • Distribution Center +1 Citizen Slot, +10 Gold, +1 Great Merchant Point. Available at Combustion. Prereq= Stock Exchange
    • Container Terminal +25% combat Naval XP, +1 Citizen Slot, +5 Gold, +5 Food, +1 Great Admiral Point. Available at Computers. Prereq= Seaport
    • Command Center +25% combat Land XP, +1 Citizen Slot, +4 Production, +1 Great General Point. Available at Cold War. Prereq= Military Academy
    • Ground Control Center +25% combat Air XP, +2 Air Slots, +1 Citizen. Available at Guidance Systems. Prereq= Airport
    • Bunker: +50 Defense Hit Points. Available at Combined Arms. Prereq= Renaissance Walls.
    • Courthouse +2 Housing. Available at Urbanization. Prereq= none

Installation Instructions

1. Unzip the zip file.
    2. The contents of the Modern Buildings subdirectory should be copied into your Mods folder (.../Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/).

Compatibility:

"Modern Buildings" is compatible with "Strategic Industry", "Specialized Industry" and "Slavery".

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    dukisha and Nefelia like this.
  2. UncivilizedGuy

3. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Chieftain

Good. Hospital can yield Amenity too or only Amenity. Healthy = happy. I think suburbs and canalizations fully solve housing problems, but in the modern eras you have problems with Amenity: wars and nuclear wars.

4. glaciem

glaciem Chieftain

Are these tied with any techs?

5. UncivilizedGuy

I'll keep that in mind thanks.

Yes. I was half asleep when I posted this last night. I wanted to at least show the yields. They also have building and district prerequisites.

6. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Warehouse could be replaced with Shopping Mall (same effects, different name and design)

7. UncivilizedGuy

I have a list of buildings to choose from. I went with Warehouse because its symbolic of Global trade. I live in a commercial hub in Southern California and I'm surrounded by massive warehouses. I almost put the warehouse in the Harbor but it just seemed odd to give it Great Admiral points. Shopping Mall is cool but I was afraid it might be too American. We already have a market which is extremely generic. I might create some more buildings if I can maintain some balance.

Edit: I think you just inspired me to create a unique Building mod. I'm having way too much fun modding this. Who needs modding tools?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  8. dukisha

dukisha Chieftain

Must have in capital national bank and parliament. And you could answer on private message.

9. UncivilizedGuy

I'm sticking with the generic building theme at the moment. We already have a bank. I was thinking of something along the lines of a Courthouse. A Capital building is a good idea though.

10. dukisha

dukisha Chieftain

Yes we have banks but we don't have national banks. National bank as the most respected financial institution in every country. It is a must have for every nation. Like the FED. It's just my opinion. Maybe I am wrong because I always wanted boosted economics and military aspects of the game, just like in the real world.

11. fatgordy

fatgordy Chicken in Pants

How about a tourism amplifying building? Adds +20% to city generated tourism. Could be called something like a Visitors Center or Tourism Bureau. (Film Studio gives +100% tourism pressure but is UB of America.)

12. UncivilizedGuy

13. UncivilizedGuy

14. hungluong

hungluong Chieftain

I have a crash today and when I check the database.log it seems to have something to do with the hospital building. Can you please look into it?

"
    [2536436.407] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2536436.407] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
    [2536436.572] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2536436.573] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [2536449.306] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
    [2536452.975] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2536452.990] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
    [2536455.907] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2536455.907] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [2536493.739] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2536493.739] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [2536500.073] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Types.Type
    [2536500.094] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Types('Type', 'Kind') values (?, ?);'
    [2536500.094] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Types('Type', 'Kind') with values (BUILDING_HOSPITAL, KIND_BUILDING, ).
    [2536500.094] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Types from file Buildings.xml.
    [2536500.094] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Types.Type
    [2536501.286] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [2536501.303] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
    [2536533.422] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [2536534.928] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [2536538.318] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    "

15. UncivilizedGuy

It almost looks like you are using another mod that has a Hospital

16. hungluong

hungluong Chieftain

Maybe civ 6 improvement mod. Usually your buildings mod overwrite his buildings so I dont do anything with it but after the fall patch it seems to be an issue. I have deleted the buildings in civ 6 improvement mod and start a new game, will report back if it is stable or not.

Once again, thank you for your mod. I really like it!

17. UncivilizedGuy

18. UncivilizedGuy

19. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

For some reason, when building the Observatory, there is a big red exclamation mark over the campus district. It's the only building that does that and I can't figure out why.

20. CynicalPlatapus

CynicalPlatapus Chieftain

Also getting a large red exclamation mark upon building the observatory