1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Day 2009 Earth Map v.3.19

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by Sommerswerd, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Register666666

Register666666 Warlord

Is the lack of the corporate headquarter buildings intentional so as to balance the game better?

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

No that is accidental. I placed them all but sometimes they go away when I reload the save. I thought I figured out why, but I really am not sure. I thought that the last version I uploaded corrected this problem... Hmmmm, very frustrating:mad:

I have been working on a new 40 Civ - Next War version that I will post at some point. I had to step away from it for a while.:(

You can feel free to add the headquarters in Worldbuilder though :)

3. I_am_sin7

I_am_sin7 Warlord

How come the Falklands are Argentine? It doesn't make much sense, gameplay, politically, or even in terms of balancing. And they are British in the real world...for that matter, so should St.Helena be! Why not make South Africa independent, and give the UK her overseas dependencies in stead?

4. Sommerswerd

I was trying to make the best of the limited number of civs (18) so there were some tough choices about what nations to include...

I am still working on a version with 40 Civs, but I put it aside to participate in Pitboss games and the BTS MTDG II:D

I will pick this project up again at some point in the future, but only the 40 Civ version. I wont be making any more changes to the 18 civ version.

5. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

This link is dead sadly, due to Atomic Gamer being down

6. Sommerswerd

I'm not doing anymore updates to this Map, however there is a much better Earth 2010 Map by Barbarian King that you may still be able to get.

Also consider my Domination of Barbarians Map/Mod which is still available on Apolyton (I think).

7. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

ah I see

I wanted to play this with Revolutions (for some reason none of the modern world maps have revolutions, except the GEM ones that my computer will never, ever, be able to run), and since this is a scenario that would have been very easy to do. Ah well, I guess I'll have to put in the work of actually merging revolutions mod with one of these