Modern day liberalism boils down to the tolerance of oppression.

Limbaugh hits the nail on the head with that one Kait.

The left love to claim how open and tolerant they are of dissenting opinions but just try and state your opinions and you get shut-down.

:lol:

Really? I've not noticed anyone shutting you down, Mr Q. Or do you mean by "shut down" getting defeated in reasoned debate? Because, if you do, you may be on to something.

They did?

I never got my share! Damnit. I will raise this point in our next meeting.

Too bad, Comrade. In the world of The Left, treacherous power games usually mean you're disinherited from your time-share.

It's just how simple it truly really is.

@Bobo. As my dear departed mother always used to say: never interrupt a man while he's busy nailing himself to a cross.

@Tolni, so I'm being oppressed by the Left while being the Left so I have to tolerate that.

That's genius.

As my dear departed mother always used to say: never interrupt a man while he's busy nailing himself to a cross.

Depends. Is the said man Jesus? If he is, then maybe you should ask him a few questions about his interpretation of Christianity.

It would clear up many things that some people just seem to misunderstand.

Then you let the man nail himself to the cross.

:lol:

Really? I've not noticed anyone shutting you down, Mr Q.

Around here we have plenty of dogpiling. I remember users like Ayn_Rand and Domination3000 getting shart upon frequently.

Today I get a certain Scottish user attacking me for racism, sexism and so on, even when it isn't deserved.

People like Roger Scruton and Peter Hitchens are often disrupted when attempting to speak at universities.

I'm not doing such a thing. Just prime examples of dog turd recipients on this board.

Around here we have plenty of dogpiling. I remember users like Ayn_Rand and Domination3000 getting shart upon frequently.

Today I get a certain Scottish user attacking me for racism, sexism and so on, even when it isn't deserved.

People like Roger Scruton and Peter Hitchens are often disrupted when attempting to speak at universities.

I understand the dog-piling issue. I just don't see why it's a problem. If you've a coherent ideology (as if there's any such animal!) all you've got to do is patiently explain your position. It's not possible to shut someone down on an internet forum, unless you ban them.

It really is that simple!

Btw, I never did learn what happened to stop Ghostwriter posting. Was he banned or persuaded to leave? I miss him. Though he was a bit of a pain harking on about abortion and how Lincoln was really Hitler. If someone simply stops posting, you never get to see how they change over time.

I'm not doing such a thing. Just prime examples of dog turd recipients on this board.
Were they piled upon because they represented right-wing ideals or because they were talking bollocks?

Dommie stands freshest in my mind because of his love affair with Ron Paul and cross-thread jacking. I would think (hope) not many right-wingers would side with many of his sentiments.

Ayn Rand was an excellent poster, clearly an intelligent but he got so much flak. It was nasty and mean too. He didn't deserve it.

Dominaton may have brought upon the turd himself but come on he was a 15 year old homeschooled libertarian, why was everybody taking the bait? Ignore list is the right answer.

It's really gotten that simple.

Yup, you are quite tolerant of oppression, so you must be a liberal?

Oh goodie! A hypocrite who says on the one hand that drug users should be locked up in jail while at the same time indulging himself in mountains of pills, booze and cigars.

A fat dopefiend hypocrite who decries "liberalism" for restricting freedoms, when he would be all too happy to restrict the freedoms of drug users, homosexuals, and others.

I mean, you're quoting Rush Limblob to sound credible? Really?

Yeah, but you know what? He was actually more coherent and funner to listen to when he was on his pain meds. He kinda went overboard when he got 'clean.'

I know, I know, but it's true. Still, drugs are bad.

Ayn Rand was an excellent poster, clearly an intelligent but he got so much flak. It was nasty and mean too. He didn't deserve it.

Dominaton may have brought upon the turd himself but come on he was a 15 year old homeschooled libertarian, why was everybody taking the bait? Ignore list is the right answer.
My answer as well.

But would you suspect that were I to go on a right-wing forum (acting more extreme than my loveable moderate self), and being very talkative, slightly provocative, manners would be different than here? Do you think people would line up to have an argument and take their turn or would we see the exact same thing, because people just are that way?

Oh goodie! A hypocrite who says on the one hand that drug users should be locked up in jail while at the same time indulging himself in mountains of pills, booze and cigars.

A fat dopefiend hypocrite who decries "liberalism" for restricting freedoms, when he would be all too happy to restrict the freedoms of drug users, homosexuals, and others.

I mean, you're quoting Rush Limblob to sound credible? Really?

A fat dopefiend hypocrite Limblob :crazyeye:
Mr. Limbaugh?

Any person or thing that they perceive as a threat, and they perceive me this way, must be destroyed, my reputation, character, must be impugned, credibility. It's all about the ideology.

What's that?
The left never debates you?
Just personal attacks to marginalize your credibility?

Well, you are rather fat.
You should take time off your #1 radio show in the whole USA that millions and millions listen to each week and lose some weight before making any more arguments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-listened-to_radio_programs
Rush Limbaugh's show has been the number one commercial talk show since at least 1991 when record keeping began

#1 for 23 years in a row.
Wonder why?

I didn't read the article but the in-article pictures are rather entertaining.

Oh god I clicked on a site called "rushlimbaugh.com".

This is almost bad as getting into a shocker site.

EDIT: Also, I'm considering suing Limbaugh over LIbEraliSm, as I had that one in my mind for years. Does anyone know any good copyright lawyers?

A fat dopefiend hypocrite Limblob :crazyeye:
Mr. Limbaugh?

What's that?
The left never debates you?
Just personal attacks to marginalize your credibility?

Well, you are rather fat.
You should take time off your #1 radio show in the whole USA that millions and millions listen to each week and lose some weight before making any more arguments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-listened-to_radio_programs

#1 for 23 years in a row.
Wonder why?
Because Republicans need someone telling them what their opinion is? Or they need to be told how right and oppressed they are? :)

Yeah, I sometimes wonder why.

And about dissing people, 2 words: Michael Moore.

So be careful what argument you make. :)

Top Bottom