Modern day liberalism boils down to the tolerance of oppression.

So far I've been waving my private parts in it's general direction and I report no Ziggy-genocide as of yet.

Hey God! Yeah you! Whooooo!

Every time God has judged people for their sins he has warned them about the coming judgement. The only thing we can do is be right before God. People will cry peace and safety but instead sudden destruction will come. The reason God hasn't judged you yet is his mercy. God warned this is what I'll do and if you don't listen then there is no complaint when we does exactly what he said.

One of the biggest complaints about God is the suffering of innocent people and yet when God removes the suffering, he is evil for doing that. I do love the double standards of people, because they aren't willing to do what is needed to stop people from suffering at the hands of evil people.

At what point can people on this forum be punished for endorsing or excusing genocide and mass murder.

This is like those unconvincing christians who claim they just hate the sin, not the sinner.

Basically, you're in favour of equality and tolerance in theory, as long as its quiet and out of your sight. If people get noisy or untidy about it, perhaps in the wrong seat of the bus, then you feel you must be against it.

I'm in favor of equality and tolerance. I'm also in favor of recognizing and understanding differences.

I'm not really sure how you'd argue that gay rights activism is to gay people what violent jihad is to Muslims. That seems like it might just a little bit bigoted?
Juxtaposition does not imply equivalence.

Presumably this is where DaveShack tells us that we're quite free to disagree with him, but he'd rather we didn't do so in a public forum where he's forced to acknowledge that our disagreement exists.
Don't be silly, I don't need to be forced to acknowledge there are disagreements. Given my positions and the demographics of CFCOT, that's a given. :lol:

So you basically want these groups to be quiet
In one case, yes, the world would be a better place if we didn't have parades and books about kids with two mommies. At least not in in-your-face mode.

At what point can people on this forum be punished for endorsing or excusing genocide and mass murder.

I know, right? It boggles my mind how some people can get away with supporting a rogue government organization that most world governments recognize as being terrorists whose sole desire in life is the annihilation of an entire people.

In one case, yes, the world would be a better place if we didn't have parades and books about kids with two mommies. At least not in in-your-face mode.

Maybe if we didn't need the parades. The problem with your 'I don't give me a crap, leave me alone' system is that it very literally ignores oppression.

It was very literally the conservative rightwing that fought the idea of equal rights. We had to drag you guys kicking and screaming over the line, one at a time.

And then, there was the subset, who'd join the whining about the parades and the books. So, instead of lending your voice to equality, you would have socially joined the people who were very much against the equality.

Get it? When your attitude was "I don't give a crap, leave me alone" any social support of the conservatives ended up being social support for continuing the problem.

Yep, it's my fault that he repeats the same incorrect things over and over, seemingly as if he's incapable of reading, understanding what he's read, and remembering it.

I should try harder. :crazyeye: What am I, his parent? His teacher?

He's a fine person to talk to about things that have nothing to do with religion, but other than that..

If you attempted to convince him of something but failed, the failure is most certainly your own. You're just abdicating responsibility for your failure, if you undertook the attempt of course.

All these threads are effective in doing is revealing which posters are not-so-secretly awful people.

If homophobia wasn't an issue, we would expect there to be more books about kids with two mummies, it would just occur to anyone to notice it.

I know, right? It boggles my mind how some people can get away with supporting a rogue government organization that most world governments recognize as being terrorists whose sole desire in life is the annihilation of an entire people.

I forgive you...and I never thought the Ferguson PD was quite that bad.

Is that any way to talk about the US Congress?

All these threads are effective in doing is revealing which posters are not-so-secretly awful people.

Usually the bad stuff rises to the surface when good things are boiled. Perhaps getting them out in the open would help in clearing them out and letting the good remain.

Is the homophobia debate still going? I just mentioned once that its an issue in Russia, and not itz the only thing discussed in these threads!

Regarding the whole 'omg I don't want it in my face' BS, how about if it was simply 'in your faces' on the same scale as heterosexuality is? Which is pretty much the vast majority of media - magazines, TV shows, books and everything.

Wanting to simply exclude homosexuality from such sources because you find it eww can be argued as being unequal and homophobic since it will still never have an equal representation to heterosexuality anyway.

Usually the bad stuff rises to the surface when good things are boiled. Perhaps getting them out in the open would help in clearing them out and letting the good remain.

Yeah! The scum rises to the surface. Skim it/them off.

edit: hey! don't shout at me! I don't have a clue how you might do this, or whether the analogy is good or bad.

In all honesty, I was talking about ideas and not posters.

Is that any way to talk about the US Congress?

If he was, he'd also include "insufferable bastards which we elected when we thought they weren't insufferable and tedious bastards, and now they also have financial control over one of the most economically well-developed nations".

I assume everyone is supposed to be impressed that you managed to 'sum up' liberalism so eloquently in one sentence. Its clear years of studying the political spectrum and world ideologies have gone into this statement.

Someone contact the NY times, do you think you could sum anything else up for us? How about the teachings of the Buddha? Or why MSG is just so darn tasty?

Mmmmm, Chinese MSG crammed instant noodles, gimmeh.

Top Bottom