1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern day liberalism boils down to the tolerance of oppression.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by classical_hero, Aug 17, 2014.

1. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Every time God has judged people for their sins he has warned them about the coming judgement. The only thing we can do is be right before God. People will cry peace and safety but instead sudden destruction will come. The reason God hasn't judged you yet is his mercy. God warned this is what I'll do and if you don't listen then there is no complaint when we does exactly what he said.

One of the biggest complaints about God is the suffering of innocent people and yet when God removes the suffering, he is evil for doing that. I do love the double standards of people, because they aren't willing to do what is needed to stop people from suffering at the hands of evil people.

2. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

At what point can people on this forum be punished for endorsing or excusing genocide and mass murder.

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

It's a karma thing. Don't worry.

4. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I'm in favor of equality and tolerance. I'm also in favor of recognizing and understanding differences.

Juxtaposition does not imply equivalence.

Don't be silly, I don't need to be forced to acknowledge there are disagreements. Given my positions and the demographics of CFCOT, that's a given. :lol:

In one case, yes, the world would be a better place if we didn't have parades and books about kids with two mommies. At least not in in-your-face mode.

5. bhsup

bhsup Deity

I know, right? It boggles my mind how some people can get away with supporting a rogue government organization that most world governments recognize as being terrorists whose sole desire in life is the annihilation of an entire people.

6. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Maybe if we didn't need the parades. The problem with your 'I don't give me a crap, leave me alone' system is that it very literally ignores oppression.

It was very literally the conservative rightwing that fought the idea of equal rights. We had to drag you guys kicking and screaming over the line, one at a time.

And then, there was the subset, who'd join the whining about the parades and the books. So, instead of lending your voice to equality, you would have socially joined the people who were very much against the equality.

Get it? When your attitude was "I don't give a crap, leave me alone" any social support of the conservatives ended up being social support for continuing the problem.

7. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

If you attempted to convince him of something but failed, the failure is most certainly your own. You're just abdicating responsibility for your failure, if you undertook the attempt of course.

8. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

All these threads are effective in doing is revealing which posters are not-so-secretly awful people.

9. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

If homophobia wasn't an issue, we would expect there to be more books about kids with two mummies, it would just occur to anyone to notice it.

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I forgive you...and I never thought the Ferguson PD was quite that bad.

11. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Is that any way to talk about the US Congress?

12. timtofly

timtofly One Day

Usually the bad stuff rises to the surface when good things are boiled. Perhaps getting them out in the open would help in clearing them out and letting the good remain.

13. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Is the homophobia debate still going? I just mentioned once that its an issue in Russia, and not itz the only thing discussed in these threads!

Regarding the whole 'omg I don't want it in my face' BS, how about if it was simply 'in your faces' on the same scale as heterosexuality is? Which is pretty much the vast majority of media - magazines, TV shows, books and everything.

Wanting to simply exclude homosexuality from such sources because you find it eww can be argued as being unequal and homophobic since it will still never have an equal representation to heterosexuality anyway.

14. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Yeah! The scum rises to the surface. Skim it/them off.

edit: hey! don't shout at me! I don't have a clue how you might do this, or whether the analogy is good or bad.

15. timtofly

timtofly One Day

In all honesty, I was talking about ideas and not posters.

16. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

If he was, he'd also include "insufferable bastards which we elected when we thought they weren't insufferable and tedious bastards, and now they also have financial control over one of the most economically well-developed nations".

17. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

I assume everyone is supposed to be impressed that you managed to 'sum up' liberalism so eloquently in one sentence. Its clear years of studying the political spectrum and world ideologies have gone into this statement.

Someone contact the NY times, do you think you could sum anything else up for us? How about the teachings of the Buddha? Or why MSG is just so darn tasty?

18. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Why the hell are you eating Master Sergeants?

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

That one is strictly the inverse law of flavor. The better for you something is, the worse it tastes, and vice versa. Any fat person can tell you that.

20. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Mmmmm, Chinese MSG crammed instant noodles, gimmeh.