Modern Earth (Giant)

I am pausing development on this for a little while, so I am playing 'World of Tanks'. May start again early next year. My focus between now and then is working out how to add RevolutionDCM. I think managing your nation is more important then unit abilities at the moment, but DCM part does include the bombard ;)

how can i make tank ?

there s only infantry tab.

no f-22 or tank or carrier ...

and national units ?

if i loose in war then i can't make agian ?

America and many other countries have more than their allowable builds, so this means if you lose a unit you will not be able to build it again, until your forces are dropped below the threshold.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12155362&postcount=2
1.3 Changes
Severely restricted the number of units available per class (e.g. 2 carriers) - Done.
This means if you have in excess of these limits to start, you will not be able to replace them, until you get below to these limits
NOTE: US has been given a number of battleships and carriers that are in reserve or as museum ships, which can be used should they lose a lot of units.
1.2 Changes
Obsolete units can not built
Most units now require specific buildings
Number of Units (per class) are now limited
So you need to protect your units if you have more than the allowable limits. (see civilopedia for details)

then ICBM is same too ?

if i launch it all then can i make it ?

but there s no nuclear weapons facilaty. how can i make it ?

for example america civ, which city has it ?

and if i build airport i could move my unit in the map any city but this scenario i can't.

did u delete it ?

i think national units limit is very strict.

it allow very small amount

i tried to deleted all carrier lol i m playing usa.

but after i found that i can make out only 2 national units carriers?

even i m playing america ?

america can have only 2 carriers i think this is not realistic after loose.

is it same other country too ? carriers are only 2 each country?

i think this national units system is so strict.

many countries are making their weapon more and more :)

how about the price of units change very higher than now ?

just my thinking.

then ICBM is same too ?

if i launch it all then can i make it ?

but there s no nuclear weapons facilaty. how can i make it ?

for example america civ, which city has it ?

and if i build airport i could move my unit in the map any city but this scenario i can't.

did u delete it ?

i think it's in denver. But not buildable, so limit is probably 1 or 2. US has 9 ICBM's.

Airlifting is removed. It is just not appropriate that an entire brigade of tanks and material is airlifted. During the Iraq war most of the Military was shipped there.

And yes most units are all limited to a very small number. Larger countries like the USA/Russia/China/EU have a significant starting advantage. You need to play strategically and concentrate your actions on selected regions of the world.

Units that give you a significant advantage like Carriers need to be protected. The USA has a very large fleet make use of it well.

I have also restricted Nukes as well.

oh really i didn't know it.

now i think this is more realistic. :)

and next version 1.4 will u reduce of terrorists ?

i think this ll be more interesting if there are more terrorists in middle asia.

Yes.

However, you can modify a file yourself to give you unlimited units now.

In the folder

... \Beyond the Sword\Mods\Modern Earth\Assets\XML\Units

There is a file called Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml. Make a backup copy of this file and place it some where safe. Open up the file in notepad (or notepad++ preferred) and look through the entries and make changes that you may like for your own style of play.

The original section for a unit looks like this; e.g. for carriers
Code:
		<UnitClassInfo>
			<Type>UNITCLASS_CARRIER</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_CARRIER</Description>
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			<iMaxPlayerInstances>[B]2[/B]</iMaxPlayerInstances>
			<iInstanceCostModifier>20</iInstanceCostModifier>
			<DefaultUnit>UNIT_CARRIER</DefaultUnit>
		</UnitClassInfo>
All you need to do to have unlimited units is to change the value '2' to '-1' in the field iMaxPlayerInstances
Code:
		<UnitClassInfo>
			<Type>UNITCLASS_CARRIER</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_CARRIER</Description>
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			<iMaxPlayerInstances>[B]-1[/B]</iMaxPlayerInstances>
			<iInstanceCostModifier>20</iInstanceCostModifier>
			<DefaultUnit>UNIT_CARRIER</DefaultUnit>
		</UnitClassInfo>
Be aware that changing this value will allow all nations to build unlimited units as well. If you do this for a lot of unit classes, your computer may seriously lag. This is one of the reasons I also placed limits on the number of units you can have.

See http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ4UnitClassInfos for a description of what each field in the file means.

Just make sure any files you plan to change, you may a backup copy first.

Once you starting editing XML files you are well on your way to becoming a 'modder' yourself. ;)

As to your question about terrorists it is based on the number of terrorist and rebels organisations as per this list.
http://www.warsintheworld.com/?page=static1258254223

Airlifting is removed. It is just not appropriate that an entire brigade of tanks and material is airlifted. During the Iraq war most of the Military was shipped there.

Very nice you removed airlifting. i never liked it. But maybe a few very expensive cargo planes for infantry?

I have also restricted Nukes as well.

I never liked the nukes in this game ( CiV IV in general). The AI uses them like a bombardement. And in real live nukes wil probably never be used in battle. It only leads to mass destruction for both sides. There is no advantage. There is no such thing as a tactical nuke. A nuke's a nuke!

Really nice work again kiwitt, much hard work but really nice to play. I can't wait till you hopefully get one with the cold war next year! Even on my 4 yr old computer the first turn only takes a few minutes. Nice that you took the effort to put all the units too sleep!

and i have question please reply.

i thought can i change artillery can bombard attack in one tile?

so i opened CIV4UnitInfos.xml file

and changed like this

<Class>UNITCLASS_ARTILLERY</Class>
<iBombRate>0</iBombRate> --------> <iBombRate>1</iBombRate>

but there was XML error. lol

what s the problem ?

i can't change like that for bombardment ?

No Plan ... work is suspended for a long while.

I am tempted to create a Cold War Mod next as opposed to a tweak of this version.

Top Bottom