1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Era Erebus?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by DarkReborn, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Zombelia

Zombelia Chieftain

2. Great Overlord

Great Overlord Chieftain

I think Hitler would rather be a Doviello: The Doviello are very heavily inspired by (at least popular history:viking:) Vikings, so they are "nordic", so they are "very pure Aryans", blablabla; Secondly, they are especially under Charodon propagands on eugenics and spartanophilia, as Hitler was. Although I doubt this small, weak man would probably not have come to power or survive that long in Doviello society...

3. Zombelia

Zombelia Chieftain

I always thought that if the Doviello were an Earth civ, they'd be Rome.

4. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

How about Patria is Rome, the Bannor are the HRE, the Doviello are Germanic Tribes, and the Malakim are the Arabs with the Calabim being Transylvania.

5. Zombelia

Zombelia Chieftain

Hippus are Mongols.

6. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

YOU ARE GENIUS.

It totally inspired me.

Let's get an eye on what's new.

On Erebusnet, conspiracy theorists claim the terrorist attack that destroyed Temple in the Bannor Holy City was fake, and the only reason to endless wars led by men in on all of Erebus actually is controlling the mana nodes. Infernals aren't so bad at all.

Luchuirp Academy of Science official position about So-called-Vampirism is in fact that (a) vampires do NOT exists and (b) at least it could be a secret biological weapon of the Calabim genetic engineers who gave finally life to the next-generation of super-soldiers who feed on the blood of enemies, spreading disease to survivors.

About the recent revival of the cult of the ancient Gods, the Universal Church of the One said once more that all magic come from Agares, and if you pratice it your soul will be tortured in Hell forever with a trident rolling you on the flames.

Feryl Viconia is on the first page of Ages magazine as "the most fascinating leader on Erebus, still".

Malakim is accused of trying to build a Uranium Bomb, regime denies but do not allow for Council of Erebus observers to access their research structures, for now.

Ljosalfar natives activists arrested after blocking the works of a Wood company on their former land said "Life mana is in risk, and with it all of magic spheres and life on Erebus, you all have forgotten its importance"

Luchuirp robotic engineers applaude as "our goal to create an independant AI is closer".

This comes in time for Celebrations for 80th Anniversary of the first man on the moon, well, actually the first dwarf.

Conspiracy theorists still claim the landing was a fake made in collaboration with the famous Svartalfar regist who use illusion spells in his theatre dramas, thanks to a secret mana node strong enough to hypnotise whole Erebus...himself too, actually.

About him, his new drama is coming soon, 4th chapter of the adventures of the popular long-haired Lanun Pirate Captain and his crazy crew. Do not miss it!

I could continue for ever and ever, but sooner or later I have to stop... :lol:

7. Stemwinder30

Stemwinder30 Chieftain

Somewhere along the storyline of Modern Erebus, ALIENS MAKE CONTACT! But those "Aliens" are actually us Earthlings 1000 years later (3000 AD or so). Is that idea taken?

8. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

It would be amazing.

Btw on Erebusnet conspiracy theorists claim that there is life on other worlds in other planes, and a First Contact was already happened but keep secret by Bannor Empire military who exchange Knowing of the Ether with alien technologies to keep the Empire atop of bellic strenght.

"Aliens" are in fact humanoids who resembles many of the human races of Erebus, and gave great impulse in development of modern aerospace and robotics techs.

Bannor Empire official position is deny.

9. .Arawyn.

.Arawyn. Perp's Lil' Helper

Balseraphs are...
    Well, themselves. They don't really compare to any real-world nationality. At least, that i know of.
    But Bannor would be definitly China, and i think we all know why.

10. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

i.e. Holographic Perpentach!!!

Luchuirp Intelligent Golems.

Svartalfar Mind-Control Antennae.

Calabim genetical engineered hybrids.

And so on...

11. .Arawyn.

oh my...

12. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

Well, it was the answer to your post, before you edited it...

when you said "they (the Balseraphs) would have new techs for entertainment" I answered with the idea suddendly I had of an Holographic gigantic reproduction of Perpentach amusing masses...

It should totally be better limits on message editing...

13. .Arawyn.

Ah. I see.

They definitly would have tons of fun with holographs. I can imagine it now...

and i edited the last post because i thought it sounded stupid. But you obviously don't think that.

14. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

It rather seemed me obvious... so I try to spice it up. ;)

15. .Arawyn.

well it sure is spicy!

(yeah, stupid compliment. I'm an idiot :crazyeye:)

16. Stemwinder30

Stemwinder30 Chieftain

Wouldn't there be new civs to arise, like an Erebus version of America or Australia or something?

17. .Arawyn.

actually, maybe. Probably half of the Bannor would be spilt, because some of them would actually start to have the balls to stand up to the stupid Order. Maybe the original civ vould be called "Ban" and the newly independent civ would be called "Nor:, or something like that.

Of course, this is only an scenario/example, so maybe it would be different.

18. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

I just watched the video you linked: It's stunning!!!

It really seems inspired by Balseraphs... or is it the opposite?

Anyway, that would provide greatest soundtruck for them. We could also put a part in Diplo window.

19. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

I wonder how the reformation would've gone over on Erebus. I think the Order and the White Hand (the "catholic" part of them, that is) would've been vehement enemies of what they would see as heretics, while the Empyrean and Fellowship of Leaves would probably be a lot friendlier, though probably still against them. While the Octopus Overlords and Ashen Veil would probably welcome new insane ways to worship their gods.

20. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

I wrote about the hypotethical Church of the One and their thoughts... I immagine something like this for Erebus future to be possible but not necessary.