1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Era Strategy (Must use Revolutions mod)

Discussion in 'RoM Strategy & Tips' started by Afforess, May 24, 2009.

1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

An excellent late-game strategy I have found is abusing the UN. The key is to aim for mass media and build the UN as quick as possible. Once you control the UN you should be able to get yourself elected as Secretary-General every time. Also, I recommend you have some friends or a few vassals, either will work. Just as long as you (and your friends/minions) control 51% of the population. Now, every few turns or so the game asks you to propose a world-wide resolution. The key is to pick one you know will be defied. The easiest is asking for the world-wide adoption of "secular" because the AI always clings to its religions. The resolution will appear to fail, even though you received the majority of the votes in favor. This is because the AI defied the resolution. This is the goal, because when they defy resolutions all their cities get a +5:mad:, "The world considers you a villain." Every time you can choose a resolution make sure you choose an unpopular one so they add up. This is the key because the AI cities will quickly go into disorder after 3 or so of the failed resolutions as the +5:mad: are cumulative. Now, all of the dissenting AI will have their own revolutions to deal with while you mop the floor with them. Who ever said the UN was useless?

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

I think that this is a cool idea! I've used it a couple of times myself when attempting to culture-flip some dissenting cities :)

3. James009

James009 Warlord

Incredible use of political power!

Question: Could a similar strategy could be done with the Apostolic Palace? Do you still get the negatives?

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Yes and No. The penalties are the same, but only in cities containing the religion that the owner of the Apostolic Palace holds. So if I have no cities with that players religion, nothing ever happens to me. Otherwise, the principle is the same.

5. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

I love that idea(Clever in an evil sort of way:nya:). I also think it's funny when you do the same resolution for the 6th or 7th time and the same civs still say NEVER!!!!.:)

6. tranx

tranx Civilized

Well the AI does that to me every time...

"No, I don't want to give up all my nukes !" :mad: